Huginn, a kitless Viking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tiaan Burger

Tiaan Burger

54.jpg

55.jpg

DSC_0539b.jpg

DSC_0545a.jpg

Huginn and Muninn (Memory and thought) were Odin's ravens which he send out to gather information. As a pen is used to capture thoughts and memories I thought it a suitable theme for a carved pen.

Copper and ebonite, plexiglass piston filler, ebonite feed, steel nib.
Four start thread on the barrel and cap, double start threads on the piston filler and section.
The copper was carved using traditional Japanese carving techniques.
All parts except for the O-rings on the piston filler made by myself.

Questions and comments welcome

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
WOW! KITLESS! Beautiful, Skillful Well Done!

The pouch even matches!

I'm amazed!

EDIT IN: OH, I see you are an artist! Well, you took a pen and made it into ART for sure!

Last edited:

magpens

I can hardly believe ... what an amazing pen !!

Superb workmanship, Tiaan ... HUGE CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Thank you for posting !!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful artistry Tiaan.

There are 5-10 penturners on IAP that I admire their work - not that I will ever be able to mimic their artistry, but greatly appreciate what they do, take inspiration from their efforts, and enjoy seeing what they will come up with next.

You are now one of them.

Thank you for the inspiration - incredible pen.

Bryguy

Fantastic work!. I have had in my mindfor the past year a Norse God series in etched aluminum. Haven't got around to it yet (just fabricated my first rollerball nib for it). You have set a very high standard!

jttheclockman

This is truely a work of art. Something you do not see here. This type of artistry. Truely a skilled craftsman you are. I hope to see more of your work here. If you ever enter your work in any contest you have a winner for sure. I can only sit back and marvel at it because I would never in my life be able to to anything like that. Thanks for showing. Needs to be put on the front page for sure. :):)

keithncsu

That quality of work is on a whole other level. Unreal! I will enjoy this pen now while in this thread...and I'll enjoy it later when it shows back up on the front page. What a beauty!

allunn

Wow! That has to be one of the finest examples of craftsmanship I've seen here. Superb work. Thanks so much for showing what can be achieved.

Tony

Top Bottom