How to replace/remove the blade on Harbor F. little chopsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

Good afternoon everyone !

I have one of the mini harbor freight chop saws #42307. I'm hoping someone here could share with me how to remove the mini round cutting blade.. I have removed the cover over the blade, the cover on the opposite side where the belt & pulley are. There is a single screw holding the blade on but I have been unable to get it to budge even after multiple wd40 soaks. Without being certain if its right or left hand threading I'm abit afraid to torque down more than I already have, which was probably too much anyway. And I can't find anywhere to lock the blade to keep it from spinning so I've been using vice grips to hold the blade.
Has anyone had to replace one that could offer some guidance on removing the blade.

I've had this for quite a number of years and I can't remember ever having replaced it before.

Thanks !

SmartSelect_20190712-113305_Photos.jpg
SmartSelect_20190712-113254_Photos.jpg
SmartSelect_20190712-113317_Photos.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elyk864

What is that red button on top next to the black handle, looks like a lock to keep it from spinning maybe. According to the video online at the HF website it appears the screw is normal thread.

Curly

I don't have one but like all saws the nut/bolt should come off in the direction the death tips point to. So with the blade held and a wrench vertical pull the wrench to the 9:00 o'clock position towards the handle. To put the new one on pinch the belt with one hand and push the wrench to towards the 3:00 o'clock direction. When the belt gets a little hard to hold that's enough. It'll self tighten when you use it.

1shootist

The red button on top is a release you must first press so the head/blade can be lowered down to cut the stock in the attached vice.

I'll just keep at it something has to give.

Appreciate it !

StanBrown

I have this exact same saw, albeit much newer than yours. According to the instructions, although they don't say so specifically, it appears to be a normal, right-hand thread screw. Yours is probably just frozen and hopefully will release if you soak it in penetrating oil for a while. Please note that at the bottom of the page there is a humber you can call for assistance. Good luck.
HF Bench Saw.jpg
HF Bench Saw.jpg

Charlie_W

You might want to try a penetrating oil as Stan suggested instead of WD40. Liquid Wrench or a similar product would be my choice.
Also, if you have a cordless drill/driver with the impact function and a bit to fit the screw, that could help convince it to come loose.

Top Bottom