How to pay through Pay Pal?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

leehljp

Member Liaison
As someone who has been overseas, I missed out on some of the conveniences of life and how to do certain things.

There have been some posts concerning paying via PayPal at an email address. How do you pay to an email address?

I quit paying through PayPal in 2000 when they had all kinds of problems letting me pay from Japan but ship to US address (not everyone ships overseas). When I got home, they wouldn't let me order, ship and pay from the USA side with a Japanese email address. They would not let me change addresses or use the same credit card for both sides. IT was a royal pain.

I have purchased through Bear Tooth Woods with Pay Pal and they accept it as I go as a "new" account.

BUT I do not know how to send a payment through an email account. Any help would be appreciated.

I would like to purchase some wood from BigRob and Chitswood, but am baffled with the email address as payment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I believe that BigRob and Chitswood both take payments through PayPal. An email address to PayPal is sort of like you bank account number is to you, just a unique way of identifying you. You can't send money to anyone directly with email, it has to go through PayPal.

alamocdc

Hank, once you log into Paypal and click the "Send Money" tab, it should prompt you with a form that contains a variety of information. One of those fields is the "send money to" field. That's where you enter the email address. If the recipient has a Paypal account, it will verify after you enter the remaining info and click the submit button. Otherwise you will warn you that this is an unconfirmed account, or something along those lines. Then you enter your payment info (credit card #, bank account to withdraw from, etc. depending on your Paypal member status). I hope this helps.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />I believe that BigRob and Chitswood both take payments through PayPal. An email address to PayPal is sort of like you bank account number is to you, just a unique way of identifying you. You can't send money to anyone directly with email, it has to go through PayPal.

Yes they do. But I do not know how or where to send a paypal payment to an email address unless I sign up as new.

Because I have all the problems of paypal associated with living in two countries that I mentioned in the first post, becoming a paypal member for me is practically a non issue.

AS I mentioned above, I can send money to Beartooth Wood through Paypal without being a member. I can do the same thing at other places too.

I guess I am plain out of luck unless I become a member and then get into the situation that cancels my membership when I return to Japan in two months.

PayPal conflicts:
1. You can have several accounts.
2. I could <b>not</b> have the same email address on two accounts.
3. I could <b>not</b> have the same credit card on two or more accounts
4. I could <b>not</b> have the same credit card on an account for a USA side and a Japan side.
5. I could <b>not</b> have things mailed to my Stateside address with a Japanese email address
6. I could <b>not</b> have things mailed Stateside with my Japan account (and some places will not ship overseas.
7. I could <b>not</b> have things shipped overseas if ordered on my Stateside account.

NO matter which way I went, they had some rule against my situation. Talking with them on the phone was a pain in the neck and wait times were more than I had time for.

Thanks for your input! I do appreciate you trying to help. I realize that REAL membership is what is needed to order from these guys.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Hank, try this. Get the people you wish to buy from to send you a Paypal invoice. That may circumvent the problems you are having.

Actually, Hank is correct. PP does not allow duplicate anythings. Probably some kind of security device. Hank does need two different accounts and bank account numbers. Or, he could just set up a new PP account and put money in it then pay off of that. They won't stop him but there must be different accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom