Holyland Olivewood Group Buy - Closed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMGg

Hi y'all; just a note to those of you who are potentially as impatient as me.
I thought I'd microwave a blank and turn one of these today. 30 seconds, then 30 seconds, then .... [B)]
Instead, during the second 30 seconds I hear a couple'a pops and saw that the blank
had both oozed and split.
This is NOT a criticism of the blanks -- it is simply a Caveat Emptor informational post: microwave these blanks at your own risk.
I've done this before with other blanks, including olivewood, with success.
It may be that the highly figured blanks also contains oils that won't handle this stress. I'll be patiently?!?!? waiting for the rest of these to cure. [;)]

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

meshel

Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />Hi y'all; just a note to those of you who are potentially as impatient as me.
I thought I'd microwave a blank and turn one of these today. 30 seconds, then 30 seconds, then .... [B)]
Instead, during the second 30 seconds I hear a couple'a pops and saw that the blank
had both oozed and split.
This is NOT a criticism of the blanks -- it is simply a Caveat Emptor informational post: microwave these blanks at your own risk.
I've done this before with other blanks, including olivewood, with success.
It may be that the highly figured blanks also contains oils that won't handle this stress. I'll be patiently?!?!? waiting for the rest of these to cure. [;)]

Gary

Hi Gary,

I usualy turn them at this condition with no ill effects (I don't think they need to be nuked). Olive wood, once you do get a nice blank of it is quite stable to turn... Attention and patience must be applied when drilling and trimming, because the wood is very susceptible to those actions and might just bust. but the turning is easy and the smell is GREAT! I guess the oils in the wood keep it from checking further.

To all those who are enjoying their new blanks, I'm very happy, if any of you have any sort of problem, you are more than welcomed to contact me or Chris and explain, and we will do our best to help you.

We are working on getting on a second buy, but it will take some time... whoever wants to be in the know is also welcomed to contact me and ask to be on the list by sending me an email, I will not add people to the list without their consent nor share this list with anyone else.

Dusty

Received my blanks today also. Very nice. Thanks Chris and Meshel for the goodies. I am very anxious to turn the first one and see the results. I have never turned the BOW before. Nice job on the certificates also
Chuck

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Will any olivewood burls be available? I have recently turned a few and while I love olivewood, the burls are even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom