Holyland Olivewood Group Buy - Closed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

meshel

UPDATE 03/26 - Blanks have shipped from Israel to Chris, this will take some time, but I shipped it priority (expensive) so it won't be that long. Once it gets there, I'm sure Chris will update you all.
UPDATE 03/22 - OK, we are really done now (barring cancellations) all blanks ae spoken of. Thank you all for ordering, those who didn't get - we will have something for you too soon...
UPDATE 03/22 - We had a cancelleation so 20 3/4" blanks are now available again, first come first served...
UPDATE 03/20 As of now, all blanks are spoken for. We still have the certificate issue to close, but that should be done soon. The blanks will soon ship to the USA, and to the buyers... Thank you all. Once the smoke clears, we might do another one, this time we will have larger quantities.
UPDATE 03/20: 3/4" blanks are GONE (I have a few more, which will be saved for spares for bad blanks in the shipment), we are half way on the 5/8" blanks (40 more to go).
And I am working on making a nice certificate.
OK, finally after a long wait, this thing is really happening.

With the much appriciated help of Chris (who some of you might know as kent4Him), I'm now offering for sale Olivewood from the holyland of Israel, these blanks are all sorted and measured by me to make sure that you get only the best.

For starters, I am offering them in two categories
1. Blanks at least 3/4" by 5.5" (most are wider by a bit and closer to 6" but this is the minimum size for this category), Price $2.5 per blank
2. Blanks at least 5/8" by 5.5" (as above minimum sizes), Price $2 per blank

These blanks are highly figured, and are a pleasure to turn (the smell is to die for). I also have available additional blanks, which didn't make the cut, including lesser figure, defects which make them good only for half blanks or to become key-chains - if you have any interest in these please post here as well, and I will contact you.

This is called a group buy since we are having a big saving here by doing the shipping in bulk to the USA from Israel, and saving some costs for you this way. I hope you all agree that this is a pretty good price! The price does not include shipping, which will be calculated according to the size of the order, I am told by Chris that a the flat rate box that will hold about 20 blanks would cost $4.05

To this price you need to add PayPal fees (if that is what you are using) of the PayPal fee of $0.30 + %0.3 per transaction. Once you post your order as a reply to this post, Chris will contact you with the payment details.

As soon as we get a minimum number of orders the shipment will leave Israel to Chris, so that you will get the blanks in the fastest time. The number of blanks I have for sale currently is limited (I didn't want to take to much of a risk since I have no idea of the demand), I have about 250-300 blanks altogther, so get your orders in early. Not to worry though, if this goes well, we might have this as an ongoing thing for your benefit, sort of like the Monty glue sale (which I admire!)

Thank you for reading.

Now for the interesting part, the pictures...
First here is a link to high resolution pictures on my Picasa Album http://picasaweb.google.com/meshel/OliveWoodBlanks

Also here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. if you want more just ask...

2007319215156_IMG_0839.jpg

2007319215247_IMG_0846.jpg

200731921537_IMG_0847.jpg

2007319215321_IMG_0848.jpg

2007319215219_IMG_0845.jpg

2007319215338_IMG_0849.jpg

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by meshel
<br />No, they don't. I could write you a long and detailed explanation but to make it short, who would issue such a certificate? and on whose authority? what would make any cerificate that I give you make it worth anything? I could print out this nice paper, but what would it prove?

You are right, it proves nothing. But a nice certificat, about business card size, can look nice, impress the customer and be a selling tool, especially if it has the name of the Israel supplier.

meshel

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />
<br />No, they don't. I could write you a long and detailed explanation but to make it short, who would issue such a certificate? and on whose authority? what would make any cerificate that I give you make it worth anything? I could print out this nice paper, but what would it prove?

You are right, it proves nothing. But a nice certificat, about business card size, can look nice, impress the customer and be a selling tool, especially if it has the name of the Israel supplier.

Hi, I deleted my original reply because I thought it a bit too harsh, and you just proved me right [B)] - it was too harsh. You are right, it would be a nice thing, at least something small and unpretensious. I will give this some thought, maybe I will print something and send it along with the package, adds a bit to the expenses but a nice service to the community... More updates on this in a couple of days.

Moshe

melogic

As Frank says, it really makes it a nice selling tool. Every customer of mine that has purchased a pen made from the BOW has come to me for more pens just for the wood and certificate, and they are asking for more now. Thanks anyway.

les-smith

I'll take 10 of the 3/4 blanks.

Moshe, I would be interested in some of your lesser figured wood. Would you mind contacting me concerning it? I would be interested in price, size and quantity.

OKLAHOMAN

Me too! I'll take 20 3/4 but only with the certificates!Yes one for each blank.
Originally posted by jjenk02
<br />I'll take 20 of the 3/4" ones IF I can get certificates with them, they make a BIG difference..

airrat

I would like 10 of the 3/4 and 5 of the 5/8, please send me paypal info. Interested in the authenticity cards too. People like to know where it came from and how it is cut. I can always look at making my own for these.

jeffj13

Originally posted by airrat
<br />........ Interested in the authenticity cards too. People like to know where it came from and how it is cut. <u>I can always look at making my own for these.</u>

QFT. While it would be nice to have a certificate, it is really no more meaningful to a pen buyer coming from Moshe as coming from us.

I'd like 10 of the 3/4" blanks please.

jeff

kent4Him

<br />
To this price you need to add PayPal fees (if that is what you are using) of the PayPal fee of $0.30 + %0.3 per transaction. <br />

A correction here, the Paypal fee is $0.30 + 3.0%.

I will send Moshe a copy of one of the certificates that I have. Hopefully we can get this ironed out in a day or so.

I will send out the Paypal information to those that did not state the need for a certificate. Once we have confirmation of the certificate, I will send it to the rest.

kent4Him

<b>NEW **** They are all gone now ****</b>

Here is the running total of buyers. I will update this posting with numbers as they come in.

mdburn_em 20 Paid Shipped
cd18524 20 Paid Shipped
airrat 15 Paid Shipped
jeffj13 10 Paid Shipped
ken11011 20 Paid Shipped
les-smith 10 Paid Shipped
jjenk02 20 Paid Shipped
OKLAHOMAN 20 Paid Shipped
GaryMGg 40 Paid Shipped
Penguy 20 Paid Shipped
Dusty 5 Paid Shipped
lwalden 15 Paid Shipped

Total 3/4" - 150 5/8" - 85

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Chris,

I've learned that if you say we can't take any more, put it in size 6, RED.

It won't help, but you will feel better.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by kent4Him
<br />NEW **** At this point, we have filled our orders **** We cannot accept any more at this point.
Here is the running total of buyers. I will update this posting with numbers as they come in.

Like this!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It appears that, on WEDNESDAY the 21st, Chris found 20 more, so partially disregard above (until the 20 more are sold).

Dusty

I would like to get 5 of the 3/4" blanks if they are still available with certificates, Please forward total payment and I will send it to you.
Charles Hans (Dusty)

kent4Him

<b>They're Here!!!!! </b>[:D]

They arrived today. I will begin sorting them. Unfortunately, I left the spreadsheet at work, so I can't send any out until Monday or Tuesday. They smell wonderful. You should start seeing them before the Easter weekend.

OKLAHOMAN

Chris recived today. Tell Meshel that the blanks are 1st class and the certificates are the best I've seen!

GaryMGg

My package arrived today; I'll open it shortly.
Chris and Moshe, thanks very much for putting this together.

Having opened the box, I want to say these blanks look great and the Certificate of Authenticity is extremely nice too.
Great job gents.
Thanks again,
Gary

Pipes

If any bounce back let me know I would really like a dozen or so MORE if posible if anyone cancels I missed this ERRRR my e mail is below . Just let me knw if you have any left specialy the BIGGER ones ..
pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom