HF Air Compresser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

That should be more than sufficient for casting. There should be plenty of output. I have a similar, but much older unit, and it easily keeps up.

I just looked again and realized mine is a 25 gal tank. But what I said above still holds for me. That should be plenty.

karlkuehn

Banned
I've had that compressor for 4 years, it has seen extremely heavy use, and I can't kill it!

It's a monster for the money, great output (it'll suck to 27 through the HF venturi vacuum pump), I've run any kind of nailer you can think of, even the big framers, and it does just fine. It won't run orbital sanders or anything else with high SCFM ratings, but for everything I do, it's been awesome. I've considered buying another one just to have a spare, if I ever have any money again! :)

I'm usually not real big on harbor freight tools, but I've been really impressed with the Central Pneumatic stuff. I highly recommend this compressor.

Gruntster

Thanks for the input.
I am usually pretty leery of the HF tools too, although my 14" bandsaw came from there and I have no complaints about it. I'll grab this today.

hughbie

thanks grunt.....i got it and saved it now....
about that compressor....i'm sure i saw it somewhere just yesterday or this morning on sale for less than $100. any ideas?

Gruntster

Looks like the sale is only at HF retail stores and it ends tomorrow. $89 even and then use that 20% coupon. I am headed to Indy in just a couple minutes and will grab one.

Jarheaded

While playing around, I found that I had no problem reaching casting pressure with the little tankless compressor that I keep in my truck just for tires. So this one should be fine for whatever you want to do including running a framing nailer.

Gruntster

It wouldn't scan for me either, but the manager manually input it and I got the compressor for $71. They also had the red vacuum venturi on closeout for $6.

Top Bottom