Hey Y'all from Tennessee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Arcadia

Hey,

I'm Pat Burns and a total newbie to penturning. Just got an old sears lathe running and slowly getting the startup tools needed.

My main craft is knife making. That branched into jewelry and other woodworking. Now I'd like to add pen turning to my list. I sell in local craft and heritage day shows so the more things I make, the more I have to sell.

After checking out this forum for a while I must say there is some excellent talent here. Hope I can make some pens half as good as most of you.

Patrick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Pat, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. You mention that you have read some of the site, be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

Arcadia

Wow Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice that there are places on the internet where positive reigns over the negative and destructive. I look forward to learning a lot here and making a mess'o new friends.

Pat

bitshird

Well Howdy neighbor, I'm from Leapwood and have a shop in Adamsville, we also have a penturning bunch from N Alabama and Mississippi and SW Tennessee, kind of a free for all local chapter.

Top Bottom