Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BobBurt

I am trying to make a "Watch" blank.

I painted the tube black

I glued the watch parts onto the turbe using CA.

I have white crust on the tube from the CA.

Will this cast ok????

Attachments

• Watch Blank [800x600].jpg
    Watch Blank [800x600].jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

I agree, too much CA. Did you use an accelerator on the CA? It looks like it cured super fast and crystalized. I've found these tiny tiny tiny CA applicators at hobby lobby for about $2. It's where the model car paints and glues are. it's kinda like a Qtip specially made for glues. I do think the CA will show in the resin and will not look right once cast. I hate to say it bc you took the time to get it this far, but I'd soak it in acetone and start over with the glueing process.

KenV

Perhaps you used acellerater???

I get that white when the CA cures very fast -- as with fast acellerater. "Mild" cause less problems.

You might give it a wash with acetone to see if the "blush" will dissolve and leave. Other wise, throw it in a jar of acetone and you can start over on the glue process (hard to see, but there appears to be a lot of glue there. =)

el_d

My CA gets that way when I use too much accelerator.

You could always throw the tube into a CAPPED jar with acetone and start again tomorrow......or the next day depending on how much CA you used

msvoma44

Maybe color the white portion with a black sharpie marker or use bebonder and try again without using accelerator.

I have never made one before but it does look like a lot of glue on the tube. I sure hate to see you have to start over, it looks like a lot of time consuming work will have to be redone.

mick

Bob, some of mine have had white spots on them but when you cast they disappear. It's just like having a spot go white while finishing a pen, the next coat clears it up. Try coating a couple with CA. If they go clear you'll know it's ok to cast them.
YMMV

Top Bottom