Help a Goose Make a Call Please!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a customer who wants me to make him a custom made goose call can anyone help me with where to start (Special tools,mandrel?, etc.) any help would be appriciated (close enough)!

Thanks Eric Swander

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Craft supplies and PSI and possible others sell game call kits. this will get you started:
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=game-call-reed

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by turnersdelight
<br />I have a customer who wants me to make him a custom made goose call can anyone help me with where to start (Special tools,mandrel?, etc.) any help would be appriciated (close enough)!

Thanks Eric Swander

splinter99

www.hutproducts.com..

hut lists a wide varrity of game calls including one for geese..they seem to specialize in game calls as much as pens..hope this helps

Rifleman1776

I make calls, originally most of my supplies came from HUT. They are good folks to do business with. If you have questions call and ask for Larry. He won't oversell you but will give good advice. With a goose call (flute), unlike duck calls, the stopper is very long compared to the barrel. I have best results using Forstner bits for the end grain boring. My first goose flute is pictured below. It was a special order and contains a reed from HUT. Customer was very pleased. Not shown well in the picture is a tenon on the stopper end for adding a flexible expansion tube. I don't like or use them but some folks insist on having so I make is optional with the end user.

200692014015_goose%20flute%20small%20image.jpg
<br />

laspringer

Eric,
Most of the goose or duck calls I use my pen mandrel.
Turn the barrel and the exhaust one at a time.
If you need any help send an e-mail.
Black Chacate from craft supply CA finish

200692015936_Goose_BlackChacate03.jpg
<br />
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom