hello

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markv

hello all

I have been lurking for a while and finally joined up a day or so ago and thought it would be polite to introduce myself

I have played with sawdust a lot over the years but I have never turned anything at all - I always was interested in it but had no idea where to even begin - I started to put a workshop back together again a few months back (long story) and have been reading everything I can find about turning - I am fascinated!

Through the net I also found a local turning club here in the area and will definately be contacting them

anyway - you won't be hearing much from me for a while as I know less than nothing so really have nothing to offer - but rest assured I will be here reading and learning

Thanks,

Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Mark, welcome to the addiction. Do not let not havi9ng knowledge of turning stop you from posting, that is how we share what we know with each other.
Be sure to check out the library link at the top of each page for there you will find a wealth of information on most anything pen turning. If you have a question, post it and there will be more than one way to do what you are having trouble with. Photos help, too.
Charles

Welcome from the mitten. Remember...no matter how bad it may seem or how much you want to tear it down and redo it, SAVE that first pen, so in a year and years to come, you can revisit it and see how far you've advanced...you'll be amazed. I wish I had done so, but I got started before most and no one suggested it. My first pen wouldnt even work, it was a slim line, too.

Top Bottom