Finally! I'm back!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MorganGrafixx

Well, after almost a year without being able to do anything woodworking related, I have FINALLY taken back my shop! We moved into a new place last year and with the garage being the universal drop-off point for anything that we were planning on unpacking later, and my 3 young kids storing their bikes, skateboards, balls, toys and other misc. junk, my shop became a storage facility/toy box.

Needless to say, I shed a tear every time I had to go out into the garage for anything. I would look over at my lathe, drill press, table saw, compound miter saw and all the other "Daddy Toys" just sitting there like the broken Misfit Toys in Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer collecting dust. Fortunately, after a weekend long "exorcism" and 3 crying kids later........I GOT MY SHOP BACK!!!!

Not 10 minutes after I got the lathe pulled out and dusted off, I plugged her in and turned a scrap piece of 4x4 lumber into a candle stick holder. I grabbed the tool sharpener and after 10 minutes had my oval skew spitting out wooden ribbons. Went digging some more and chopped down a 2x2 into a manageable size and set about covering the entire floor in wooden ribbons! God I LOVE the smell of pine freshly cut. Then I thought, "SMELL"...........and immediately dove head first into the boxes that I packed all my wood blanks into and came out 5 minutes later covered in spiders, but more importantly, with Aromatic Red Cedar in hand! Now THAT is a smell I've missed.

Anyhow, I won't bore you guys anymore. Just wanted to stop by and tell my story of woodworking exile and how I had decided that enough was enough, and went and took back what was rightfully MINE!

P.S. I promissed each and every child that if a toy even so much as falls from it's shelf and rolls into my area, I will make an example of it for all the other toys to see. Sure enough, two days later, a baseball bat ended up in my workshop area. Needless to say, what was once a baseball bat, can now be more accurately described as 3 drumsticks! :::devil:EVIL LAUGH:devil:::

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome back..!!..and that intro was great :)

...and i agree with ya, the smell's of the different woods are one of the best parts in turning...the only thing better than cedar (IMO) is olivewood..!!

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Welcome back!

There's a lot less stress in the world of woodworking!
Welcome back....now - go out to the shop and and make some dust!!! :bananen_smilies046:

Top Bottom