Hello from the Bay Area CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

John M

Hello all. I just got back into making pens and was told about this site from a member named "Kludge". I am not sure why I did not stumble upon this site earlier but there is some crazy looking pens on here, I sure hope to find some how-to's or layup instructions, some of these designs just blow my mind.

Thank you to all in advance for the information I am sure to aquire.:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome John!!

Where exactly are you located? I'm in Pleasanton.

The Northern/Central California chapter is planning a meeting June 6th if you can make it. It will either be in Oakdale or Pleasanton, depending on folks preferences. You can find the thread discussing it in our chapter forum.

Hope to see you soon!
GK

John M

I will totally try and make it. I looked in the section but did not see anything local, I was kind of surprised. I will give it another look. Thanx.

I just moved to Antioch, finally have a garage and cant wait to set up a work bench so I dont have to be on my knees on the floor using the lathe, lol.

broitblat

Welcome, John.

Take a look in the library section for a collection of tutorials that have been accumulating.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

-Barry

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome John. I don't have links to crazy looking pens, but I do have links to a couple of other items.

Below is a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Top Bottom