Found you today...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hucifer

... And the benefits have already started. I can start by saying thanks. I've already found answers to questions that have been clouding my brain.

I'm in Kingwood, TX, and have been making sawdust and building my shop for some time. Mostly self taught, I have been dabbling in pen making for a couple of years. I travel a lot for work so don't get to spend a lot of time practicing...:mad:

Hugh

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Sorry Hugh , our Texas quota is filled and you can't post here :eek::confused::biggrin:
Welcome to the group . This is the best forum on the net and the people are the greatest .

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Hugh. Below are two links that might be helpful.

I am including the link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Hugh. Are you sure you "found us?"

There seems to be some sort of force that draws a great number of crazily talented and unusually gifted turners to this site.

hughbie

welcome Hugh..............this is really wierd.......i don't get to meet too many people with the same name as mine.....
i can count all that i have met on just one hand.....
again, welcome

Hucifer

welcome Hugh..............this is really wierd.......i don't get to meet too many people with the same name as mine.....
i can count all that i have met on just one hand.....
again, welcome

Yes it is... I had to do a double take on your handle... I was called Hughbie for a number of years by my first wife, her family, and friends. Of course it helps that my middle initial is B...

Hucifer

Welcome Hugh. Below are two links that might be helpful.

I am including the link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. <big clip>

Thanks Hank, I found those already and they have been a big help! :good: :good:

hughbie

Hugh........this is way too cool.....my middle initial is also B.
i've been called hughbie since high school......
(suddenly the theme from 'twilight zone' comes to mind)

dang!!!! i just looked at your profile......same last initial.........holy crap!

Rollerbob

From Texas, huh? Now then would everyone stand as we sing......."The Eyes Of Texas Are Upon You"...............Welcome HughbieII.:biggrin:

Top Bottom