Hello from Rio Rico, Arizona

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ironwood Bill

I'm Bill DeJarnette, owner of bestironwood.com and I'm glad to be a new member of this pen forum. I am not a pen maker, yet, but I do sell awesome desert ironwood pen blanks. Some of the members of this forum already are customers of mine. I've been selling ironwood for over a decade. I sort my ironwood pen blanks into grades so I have blanks for every budget. Let me know if you are interested. I'll be posting some offers soon.

I've never made a pen but it is an idea I have toyed with for a couple of years now. Some of my customers have gifted me pens over the years, and many more have shared photos of their work. Each pen is unique and I continue to be staggered by the beauty of handmade pens, whether they be ironwood, hybrid, acrylic or whatever. I love them all. I look forward to learning more about pen making in this forum.

Attachments

• P381a.jpg
    P381a.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 64
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Welcome from NC! Funny, I was just asking about DIW and your name/site came up. Was also noticing your Etsy store, but I know how the fees can be. We'll be looking for you in the vendor forum. :D

egnald

Hello Bill and Greetings from Nebraska. I've been spreading your name around the forum several times in the past few weeks whenever members have asked about a good source for Sonoran Ironwood pen blanks. I've got quite a collection of them from you over the past couple of years. It's good to see you on the IAP forums.

FYI there is a section dedicated to "Vendor Forums" where different suppliers post various information about what's going on. If you haven't already started a post about bestironwood.com or your eBay store, I highly recommend it. You can find the "Vendor Forums" here.

I would also suggest that you create a "Signature" line that gets automatically added to the bottom of your posts that directs people to you online store. You get there by adding or editing the Signature associated with your IAP account. You get there by clicking on the Avatar associated with your account (the one that started out with a green rounded rectangle with the letter "I" in it) and then just navigate to the Signature area in your account preferences.

Welcome aboard! - Dave

KenB259

Welcome bill, to the forum. I looked at your site and have a question. Can you explain your grading system? Is grade A the top of the line?

RDHals

Welcome aboard Bill, glad to see you made it here. I was just working on your link on my website and here you are. You're a welcome addition to the group. Hey, I've seen that pic before. :)

Ironwood Bill

Hello Bill and Greetings from Nebraska. I've been spreading your name around the forum several times in the past few weeks whenever members have asked about a good source for Sonoran Ironwood pen blanks. I've got quite a collection of them from you over the past couple of years. It's good to see you on the IAP forums.

FYI there is a section dedicated to "Vendor Forums" where different suppliers post various information about what's going on. If you haven't already started a post about bestironwood.com or your eBay store, I highly recommend it. You can find the "Vendor Forums" here.

I would also suggest that you create a "Signature" line that gets automatically added to the bottom of your posts that directs people to you online store. You get there by adding or editing the Signature associated with your IAP account. You get there by clicking on the Avatar associated with your account (the one that started out with a green rounded rectangle with the letter "I" in it) and then just navigate to the Signature area in your account preferences.

Welcome aboard! - Dave
Hello Dave. Thanks so much for spreading my name even before I joined. I got an order due to you from a member of the org. last week and he directed me to this forum. I really appreciate the tips you gave me in this post. I will be following your suggestions. I look forward to participating.

Ironwood Bill

Welcome aboard Bill, glad to see you made it here. I was just working on your link on my website and here you are. You're a welcome addition to the group. Hey, I've seen that pic before. :)
Indeed I did make it here. Thanks again for telling me about this forum. My website has been successfully transitioned now so I can and will add your link to the Gallery later today.

Ironwood Bill

Welcome bill, to the forum. I looked at your site and have a question. Can you explain your grading system? Is grade A the top of the line?
Hello Ken. Thanks for checking my website and for your question. Grade A is not my top of the line. I also have Grades A+ and A++ and burl. Those are rarely listed on my website because I have waiting lists for all three of those categories. When I get them in I send them to the top persons on the list. So on the website only Grade A is the best. I rarely have pen blanks in burl but I can cut special orders. Let me know if you are interested. I'm going to post some A+ and A+ with sapwood as well as some A later today in the vendor's forum.

Top Bottom