Heart-

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pioneerpens

Pioneerpens

This is one of the Heart blanks I had gotten (Thanks Dawn and ED) from Exotics they had available from Jeff Powell....
Jeff the blanks are fabulous!! just what I needed....I will have to try more..very challenging and fun...I never turned anything so slooooow before...I was so afraid of blowing it up....I was very pleased with the result. It is a gift for a friend who recently had a heart transplant...I'm waiting to hear her reaction to it....
Any and all comments welcome..
Thanks for looking~
Jennifer

Attachments

• Heart1.JPG
    Heart1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 309
  • Heart2.JPG
    Heart2.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Heart3.JPG
    Heart3.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
What a perfect choice for the occasion. Great job! I hope your friend is doing well.

ToddMR

Jennifer that is very cool what you did for your friend. A great job on the pen. I am sure your friend will cherish it. What a nice thing to do for someone.

workinforwood

That looks really great Jennifer. I think she'll be tickled pink, literally! Looks like you follow directions very well too. I understand the intimidating look of it all, but those blanks can take quite a bit of abuse before and after turning. I am very pleased that you are happy with it!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Jennifer,

It's a GREAT job!! But I have to comment for everyone's sake--is your friend left-handed? If so, the pen is perfect.

What do I mean?

It APPEARS in the first picture that the pen is extended, ready to write. When one writes, the clip will be up, between your thumb and forefinger. IF she is left handed, she will see the heart as she writes, if she is right handed, it will be down.

When assembling any pen, try to look at it as the writer will see it when it is in use.

Just an observation!!

Pioneerpens

Jeff~Thanks~ I read and read the instructions so as not to totally screw it up LOL...and I have a nice swirl blank for another Sierra to boot...I really did enjoy turning it!
Ed....as a matter of fact, she is left handed and I did consider that when I put it together....The other blank I received, with hearts on both sides,..came out very nicely as well, but I thought the single heart was strong in it's simplicity..so I spent a crazy amount of time back and forth between the two and putting the clip just so...I really wanted the pen to say a lot :)

Thank you ALL for the kind comments!! I'm pleased that you think I did it justice!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Jeff~Thanks~ I read and read the instructions so as not to totally screw it up LOL...and I have a nice swirl blank for another Sierra to boot...I really did enjoy turning it!
Ed....as a matter of fact, she is left handed and I did consider that when I put it together....The other blank I received, with hearts on both sides,..came out very nicely as well, but I thought the single heart was strong in it's simplicity..so I spent a crazy amount of time back and forth between the two and putting the clip just so...I really wanted the pen to say a lot :)

Thank you ALL for the kind comments!! I'm pleased that you think I did it justice!!

Of course I KNEW :confused::confused:you PLANNED :eek::eek: it that way all along and was really just allowing you to SHOW everyone the DEPTH of your talent!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations!!

Top Bottom