Had fight with Baby Chipmunk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

Howdy all

Wanted to say hi, haven’t been around too much, hectic few months.
Things are getting better now. Anyway back to the topic.

All my tools are covered up because my 80+ year old workshop, (the shack out back) is getting a face lift.

The other night im kneeling in a corner using my sawzall to cut away some rotten support beams, my face is just about on the ground and this stupid baby chipmunk comes running in the 6 inch gap where the siding used to be…….. stops about two inches from my face gets up on his hind legs and screams at me.

Of course it scared the heck out of me so I used my marine corps training and screamed back. He drops down…… runs over my saw and out the other side.

Well after that I had to quit and go on a trip with Capt Morgan……

I have a lot more to do in the garage before i find my tools again
but ....I shall return………pete

whatwoodido

Be nice to him, he may decide to chew on your powere cords. He was probably just requesting that you incorporate some Chipmunk friendly designs, either that or he was hungover from hanging out with Capt. Morgan the night before.

Drew

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If the chipmunk ran over your saw, he was probably injured.

Look for the ASPCA visitor, followed by PETA protesting in front of your house.

YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE, NOW!!!!

JimGo

Pete, I think my co-workers think I had lunch with the Captain with as hard as I'm chuckling. I can just envision that happening to me!!

alamocdc

ROTFLMAO, Pete! My office thinks I've lost it now.

BTW, I had a chupmunk die in my shop last year. The stench was terrible for about a month. Finally found him several months later... completely desicated and stuck to the bench behind my toolbox.[xx(]

chitswood

"stops about two inches from my face gets up on his hind legs and screams at me.

Of course it scared the heck out of me so I used my marine corps training and screamed back."

Hahahahaha! Thats hilarious, great story[:D]

Jerryconn

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />
BTW, I had a chupmunk die in my shop last year. The stench was terrible for about a month. Finally found him several months later... completely desicated and stuck to the bench behind my toolbox.[xx(]

Sounds like you clean your shop as often as I clean mine [;)]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by pete00
<br />......Of course it scared the heck out of me so I used my marine corps training and screamed back........

[}:)][;)][;)] Is that all you Jarheads got?

This Ex Special Forces dude would have ate em!

No evidence?......No Problem!

pete00

well not one reply offering to come help fight
my psychopathic chipmunk...[:D][:D]

Dario it looked like TWO bears !!!

Mudder....funny.....back in the 60's i would have eaten him too
but now im more laid back......i didnt have any mustard and relish handy...[8D]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
squirrel%20with%20machine%20gun.jpg

cozee

Ooh Rah!!! Marines are fit for war and able to wield any weapon at their disposal!!!

Special Forces?!!! Special?? Oh, yeah , short little yellow school buses!!!

SEMPER FI!!!!!

Yarael

LOL that was great. Almost woke my daughter up laughing on that. Boy Capt Morgan sure does sound good right now. May have to see if I can find any Capt Morgan Tattoo somewhere here in lubbock

woodwish

I guess I'm showing my age but I had a flashback of Donald Duck fighting with Chip and Dale. Seems like the chipmunks always won so be careful.

I gave up on fighting with the racoons here. More of a cold beer kinda guy than Capt. Morgan, so when I sit in the back yard drinking a cold one after a hard day I always make sure I have enough snacks for the 'coons. I'm not sure how racoon years equate to human years but I figure they still aren't old enough to drink. They really enjoy bubble gum also, try offering your new pet chipmunk some Chiklets [:)]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by cozee
<br />Ooh Rah!!! Marines are fit for war and able to wield any weapon at their disposal!!!

SEMPER FI!!!!!

Hey Greg,

Did that hole behind your left ear ever heal?

You know, the one where the Corp sucked out your brains and replaced them with pudding? [}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Eagle,
Perfect picture!! (Why aren't you in the shop???????) You haven't posted anything since you've been back-get with it, buddy!!! Someone once told me, "IF there ain't no pics, it didn't happen!!"

Doesn't have to be new, isn't there a Lite Brite II that most here have not seen??

Just a thought.[:D][:D]

cozee

Originally posted by Mudder
<br />
<br />Ooh Rah!!! Marines are fit for war and able to wield any weapon at their disposal!!!

SEMPER FI!!!!!

Hey Greg,

Did that hole behind your left ear ever heal?

You know, the one where the Corp sucked out your brains and replaced them with pudding?

Lets see now, the Marine Corps has the Navy to chauffer them around, the Air Force to bring the mail, and the Army to, oh yeah, somebody to keep them laughing!!!

SEMPER FI my brother in arms!!!

Those pics are cool!!

M

Mudder

<br />Lets see now, the Marine Corps has the Navy to chauffer them around, the Air Force to bring the mail, and the Army to, oh yeah, somebody to keep them laughing!!!

Yep, they send in you jarhead ground pounders to distract them while us snake eaters go behind the lines and get the real work done. Yer all legs because ya ain't got enough smarts to learn how to drive. Dang dude, they had to dumb down the M-16 so you grunts wouldn't waste all your ammo in the first day of fighting. [}:)]

You have the Navy to chauffer you around because without them you can't find your way off Parris Island. [:0]

The Air Force doesn’t deliver your mail cause y'all don't know how to read. [;)]

I mean half you guys can barely talk; y'all run around saying ohh Rah! And grunting like animals. (This must from the high sugar content in the pudding)

C'mon brother..... If the Corps are so good then how come they didn't fix Ollie North's teeth? He was a high-ranking officer but he looked like a beaver! [8]

(Note to all non-military people: We are joking folks, every branch of the service likes to fool themselves into thinking that they are the best when they all know the Army reigns supreme. How many Marines ever became supreme commander?)

pete00

these pics are a riot....

after seeing all these , im begining to think the one that visited me was just a scout for the advancing army [:D]..... perhaps i should be nicer to him...her....it..[:D]
lets see....wheres the plans for the air raid shelter.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Yep its a coalition,
Squirrels and chipmunks.
I got squirrels eating my pecans!
This is the year they bear fruit!
No pecan pie again it's already raining pecan shells outside my shop.

pete00

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Yep its a coalition,
Squirrels and chipmunks.

hmmmm....
knowing you ....do i see a pecan pen in the future..[:D]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by pete00
<br />
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Yep its a coalition,
Squirrels and chipmunks.

hmmmm....
knowing you ....do i see a pecan pen in the future..[:D]

No but you might see a pen made out of a dead squirrel

cozee

Sniper Kittens??!!! I knew there was a reason I don't really care for cats!!!

Yep, they send in you jarhead ground pounders to distract them while us snake eaters go behind the lines and get the real work done. Yer all legs because ya ain't got enough smarts to learn how to drive. Dang dude, they had to dumb down the M-16 so you grunts wouldn't waste all your ammo in the first day of fighting.

You have the Navy to chauffer you around because without them you can't find your way off Parris Island.

The Air Force doesn’t deliver your mail cause y'all don't know how to read.

I mean half you guys can barely talk; y'all run around saying ohh Rah! And grunting like animals. (This must from the high sugar content in the pudding)

C'mon brother..... If the Corps are so good then how come they didn't fix Ollie North's teeth? He was a high-ranking officer but he looked like a beaver!

(Note to all non-military people: We are joking folks, every branch of the service likes to fool themselves into thinking that they are the best when they all know the Army reigns supreme.

Like I said . . .

, and the Army to, oh yeah, somebody to keep them laughing!!!

Keep 'em coming!!!!

C'mon brother..... If the Corps are so good then how come they didn't fix Ollie North's teeth? He was a high-ranking officer but he looked like a beaver!

Ya wanna see a really ugly mug, check out ol' Chesty Puller . . .

chesty.jpg

guts

better watch it there SWAB JOCKY you go messin with General Puller and you might get your next haircut with a rusty k-bar[}:)]

cozee

Lt. Gen. Chesty Puller was something awesome as an American fighting man wasn't he!! In 1966, at age 68, he requested to return to active duty so that he could go to Vietnam!!! SEMPER FI!!!

And don't forget . . . one becomes a soldier by simply joining the Army, or a Seaman by joinging the Navy, or an Airmen by joining the Air Force. In the Corps, one has to earn the title of Marine!!!

Well, it's gettin' late, so, Night puddin' heads! Night mom, night Jesus, G'night Chesty!!!

(Marine Corps hymn begins to quietly play in the background . . .)

. . . If the Army and the Navy Ever gaze on Heaven's scenes,

They will find the streets are guarded By United States Marines.

[:D][8D]

M

Mudder

<br />And don't forget . . . one becomes a soldier by simply joining the Army, or a Seaman by joinging the Navy, or an Airmen by joining the Air Force. In the Corps, one has to earn the title of Marine!!!

You could'nt be farther fron the truth but it's better for you to believe your delusion.

cozee

You could'nt be farther fron the truth but it's better for you to believe your delusion.

Must be some really bad puddin' they injected me with eh?!!! Funny though how the smallest (in manpower) of the US military that sees front line combat is known for it's tenacity and ability to do so much with so little. And that is just basic USMC grunts!!!. Let's compare apples to apples and see what the USMC's Force Recon can do!!!!! I wasn't regular Recon but did get to train with them in demolitions, both wet and dry. Nah, wait, forget it. They wouldn't measure up. They don't have those cute little hats!!!! Must have been something the Supreme Commander like that JFK thought would make a good fashion statement!!!

Joking aside, I know all the words to the song, "The Green Beret!" and it was because of the movie of the same name which really put a desire within me to go into a combat based part of the service. However, I became highly disappointed in the Duke the first time I got to fire an M-16 fully automatic!! One of my Corpsman was a former Army Corpsman who served with a Special Forces unit and one of my real good friends today served in the Special Forces. I told him that was okay that we all cannot be perfect!!!! I stole that joke from a local Priest!! At least I thought he was joking when he said that to me after I told him I was evangelical!!!

Night Chesty!!

<b>Fading light dims the sight,
And a star gems the sky,
Gleaming bright.
From afar drawing nigh,
Falls the night.

Day is done, gone the sun,
From the lake, From the hills,
From the sky.
All is well, safely rest,
God is nigh.
</b>