Golf Grips for Carbide insert tools. What glue??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I'm making a carbide insert tool or two for myself and a few friends in our local woodturning club.

The handle is going to be a golf grip. They make "grip glue" for golf clubs, but all the local golf shops don't sell the glue, it's just for their use.

So what kind of glue do they use??? I've seen where they have a tape and solvent used for the grips???

Sorry; Signed... Haven't a clue......

Going out now for our churches Living Nativity... I'm one of the Wise Guys...:):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JeffinWIS

We put grips on off-road motorcycles for years using hairspray. They would NOT come off. Your situation should be similar. Also any motorcycle should should have the "special" glue for installing grips.

Robert Taylor

golf club grips really do not make very good lathe tool handles. my opinion only is they are too small in diameter for a good hold. my suggestion is to turn nice wooden handles. pick a tool that you already have and like the feel and turn your own handle. i really like the "sorby" style. it is very popular on many different tools. the new craftsmen and even benjamines best use that style of handle.

KenV

An outfit called Unique tools sold (sells) carbide insert tools with foam golf grips. I have a couple, and they are not the "go to" handles.

Worth the try to see if you like them --

Top Bottom