Gold Foil waterslide decals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CDugger

I've been trying to come up with a gold foil waterslide application for team logos and personalized names on black and gold resin pens. I've only had limited success. Has any one out there found a reliable system to use?

I've tried several waterslide papers with a laminator as well as a circuit hand press (i.e. Really hot large square iron )

Open to all ideas...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptainJane

Look up Decal Pro FX on YouTube and internet. There is a nice video by the Signature Pen guy who "signs" his high dollar pens using a holographic decal. I bought their kit, and it is pretty cool. You have to use a laser printer. Inkjet printer will not work.

CDugger

Look up Decal Pro FX on YouTube and internet. There is a nice video by the Signature Pen guy who "signs" his high dollar pens using a holographic decal. I bought their kit, and it is pretty cool. You have to use a laser printer. Inkjet printer will not work.
Thanks for the feedback. I have seen this product as well but was hesitating to try it. Did you use their standard kit? What about the laminator - their recommendation or did you use something different?

CaptainJane

I used their brand laminator, but bought it elsewhere. I bought the Decal Pro FX kit, and an extra package of the special paper you print your images on.

So far , I have only done some tiny images, compass roses about 3/8 inch tall, and they look great. Great customer service too.

CDugger

Good to know. I ordered the same setup last night. Caught with two orders needing gold foil images and text (on black and gold resin pens )

Thanks again for the awesome feedback

I've been trying to come up with a gold foil waterslide application for team logos and personalized names on black and gold resin pens. I've only had limited success. Has any one out there found a reliable system to use?

I've tried several waterslide papers with a laminator as well as a circuit hand press (i.e. Really hot large square iron )

Open to all ideas...
Have you tried CRICUT foil transfers on the waterside paper? Just an idea I, suddenly, had.

hzsimms

Open to all ideas...
A little late I realize, but I just tried gold foil waterslides from Sunnyscopa. They work fine for most moderate sized applications. I've got the DecalProFX system too and it's better at reproducing fine detail in my opinion.

Top Bottom