Gloat!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Guess what came today? And Charles was kind enough to stay and help me put it together. What a great guy! For those who haven't met him, he's a tiny wisp of a man... NOT! He's about 8' tall (compared to my 5'9" stature) and as strong as I used to be when I was younger and slunging oil field iron araound. He carried the bed in all by himself. Okay, not really, but he's a hoss for sure. Thanks, Charles!!! Okay w/o further delay, here it is... my new Mustard Monster (Powermatic 3520B).:D

20071123432_PM3520B.jpg

I have only one regret. I didn't know that I'd need to buy a plug for the cord so I couldn't turn it on and test it tonight. Oh well, at least it's in my shop and I can get a plug tomorrow. Even more sad is that I already have plans for tomorrow night, Saturday and Sunday. However, I have Monday off and hope to play with it some. It sits where I had a bookcase partially finished for LOML. The bookcase is now standing in front of my Delta so I have a choice; finish the bookcase and get it out of my way, or give up on using my Delta... Okay, so that's not much of a choice. Looks like I'll be doing mostly flatwork (finishing the bookcase) for the next week or so.[:0] I'm not sure why she's not been happy aobut it. I only started the bookcase (#2 of 2) three years ago.[}:)][:p] Once I started turning, everything else took a back seat.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

I should slap you silly...I told you about the plug! Good for you for not listening [}:)] LOL

You better finish the bookcase fast! I heard Norma knows about the return policy for the lathe [;)]

Dario

Billy,

Even though I already have one...I am still entitled to drool over other nice machines [:p]...as long as I only look in admiration. [;)] LOL

I don't like it where it sits... it's ugly and out of place.. If you'll move it over to the west wall of my shop, I'm sure I have a plug for it and it will be in the correct plact.[}:)][}:)][}:)]

Very nice... glad for you.

JimGo

What are you going to do when you move? Hey, I have an idea...I don't live THAT far from Ohio, and I have a big SUV. I think it will fit nicely. $50 okay? [:p][:D]

alamocdc

Originally posted by johncrane
<br />Congrats Billy' where are they made mate.

I'm not sure, John. Probably China, like everything else. But I am very impressed with this piece. The ways are not just flat and smooth, they are highly polished. And the pieces slide across them like they are on teflon.

melogic

Way to go Billy! [;)] That's one nice machine and a really cool GLOAT! [:p] Maybe someday I can be fortunate enough or good enough to own one of these nice machines. Enjoy your new toy. [:D]

olsenla

Great gloat Billy, that is for sure a nice machine. By the way you right about Charles. Class act all the way--that's where I got my lathe.

Larry

alamocdc

I picked up a plug when I went to lunch. This baby is gonna run tonight. I won't get anything turned on it (no time), but power will be applied and the machine will be switched on to make sure it works.[:D]

Dario

Billy,

When that machine starts to hummm, you will be jumping with joy... at the same time, give it the respect it rightfully deserves. [;)][^]

alamocdc

Thanks again, all! I put the plug on it when I got home from work and just had to fire it up. Nothing on it yet, but oh my!!!! I could barely tell is was on. Very quiet and absolutely no vibration. I like the soft start and can't wait to slap a bowl blank on it. I think I'm in love!!!!![;)]

arioux

Congrats on your new toy, wish you a lot of fun with it.

Just wish your wife never read or ear about the last line of your last post, or you will be making a lot of bookshelf, unless she just throw the lathe out ............ohhhh........
Any one know how i can reach his wife[}:)]

Alfred

oldsmokey

Billy
You are going to love that lathe. I got mine at the Las Vegas wood working show in 2004. That was Powermatic's newest model. My only problem is I don't turn many pens anymore. The lathe is so stable I ended up turning mostly bowls. Now I am trying to talk my wife into a deep hollowing system. It will never stop with the new accessories.
Congrat on the lathe. You are going to love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom