GLOAT?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Yeah I am not a huge fan either. Every once in a while you find things their that you just cannot get elsewhere but most of it is junk.

BigRob777

When I was doing a lot of flatwork, I loaded my shop with hand tools, clamps and such and I don't regret it. I bought my friend some power tools for Christmas and his birthday, so I'll see how they hold up. He'll use them so sporadically, that they may last for decades.

I'm hoping to get some anti-fatigue mats there this week, as they're less than half the price of WC. I can't have my concrete floor getting tired of holding up my girth.[:D] I also bought a dust collector there a few years ago and, aside from having to hardwire it, as the switch burned out, it's been great. I've probably spent a thousand bucks there, but I used to get free stuff, from their credit card. I paid for most of my jumbo bench-top drill press that way. It usually sells for $189, but I paid $50, as it was also on sale. If you don't use something a great deal, and can afford to buy cheap, they're great. I bought a couple of nail guns there, for next to nothing. They won't get much use.

BTW, after I bought almost all of my HF tools, they put one up near me too. I shop there, but usually walk out empty handed, unless they have something I want, on sale. Joe (clewless) uses transfer punches to disassemble pens and I bought a set for $5.00. You can't beat that. Expect plastic gears on some things though.
Rob

Chuck Key

Go to their Web site and get on their mail list. Several recent weekly mail advertisments have included 15 percent off coupons. You may be able to use a couple of those[:)]

Chuckie

Hey Rob,
Fortunate for me the closes HF is an hour away, north to Knoxville or south to Chattanooga.. I've picked up a few nice tools there including my DC. I had same problem with the switch blowing out.. I thought it was a motor since I check power everywhere along the lines and had power to the plug.. called up HF and complained since the Dc was only 9 months old... they sent a new motor, no questions asked.. sans switch.. that's when I discovered the burned out switch... $13 at a local electrical supply and I have a new switch on mine.. plus a spare motor.

I got a Chicago drill from there that seems to be stronger than the Craftsman I had..

BigRob777

Tom,
Just think of them as a big dollar store for tools. That's something of a local thing, dollar stores with more expensive items.

Chuck,
I don't know, my favorite drill is still my Craftsman 19.2V. The first time I tried it, after using their 12V for years, it nearly wrenched my wrist. (note, it's a pretty large wrist too).
Rob

Dario,
Buy away. Some tools from them are excellent. I use their edging clamps whenever possible. They have two kinds, one of which has the rolling tear drop type grips, that tighten with pressure. I just love them, for shelving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom