General Mini Lathe Drive Belt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Espo

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with my General Mini lathe (model 25-010). The belt snapped last week and General is telling me that it'll be 3 months before they can get me one(!). does anyone have any experience with a suitable substitute? It's a tiny pen lathe and I've seen vacuum or sewing machine belts that would likely work but havent been able to find anything that's the correct size.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with my General Mini lathe (model 25-010). The belt snapped last week and General is telling me that it'll be 3 months before they can get me one(!). does anyone have any experience with a suitable substitute? It's a tiny pen lathe and I've seen vacuum or sewing machine belts that would likely work but havent been able to find anything that's the correct size.

Any feedback is appreciated.

www.beltsforanything.com

dogcatcher

The best advice I can give to everyone, if you have a lathe that uses a specific sized belt, order one now. Not when it breaks. With my old Delta, I can pick one up at any auto supply store, but I have a spare, because if it breaks I may not want to stop and go get a new one. My Jet mini, I already have spare ready fro when it breaks. My 10" Rikon bandsaw, uses a specific belt, I also have a spare ready incase it breaks.

Sometimes these odd sized belts can take weeks to find and have sent. I would rather have a spare for all of my tools than wait a week for a belt.

Espo

Great advice. I placed an order with belts for anything. I basically ordered anything that was close in size because it was really cheap. I'm so surprised at the terrible service from General. I was going to upgrade my lathe soon but I'll definitely be going with another brand now.

Top Bottom