Five of a kind...or maybe a royal flush....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodscavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

These are the royal fruits of my labors this weekend. Baron kits of chrome and sterling silver, some fountains and some rollerballs. These all turned out great except for number 6 that had a blowout due to operator error!

Most of these are destined for a charity auction benifitting the Epilepsy Foundation. This is an organization that works nationwide with epilepsy patients.

The woods are top to bottom desert ironwood, cocobolo, maple burl, teal BEB, and curly koa.
38-42-barons-b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Wow, those look fantastic! Great job! I bet its doubly rewarding, knowing that they are going to a good cause.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Stunning work, Shane. And for a worthy cause...angels were sitting on your lathe for turning those (well, except for #6--that's the one to keep you humble!) :)

PenWorks

They are all really nice Shane. The secound from the top, the pen barrel looks to be bowed in. If that is the case and not a photo distortion, it looks really nice cut like that.

Anthony

leehljp

Member Liaison
Maybe in a few years after a few thousand pens off the mandrel . . I can do that! But until then . . . color me green with envy.

woodpens

Beautiful work, Shane. I am normally very conservative on shapes, but I like what you have done with these. I think I like the shape of the top one best. Good job!

woodscavenger

The top two pens do have a concave shape. They flair slightly at the ends of the tubes. The first time I did this it was a salvage job from a blow out in the center of the blank. I really like the look and in my hand it actually feels better. The tip on these Baron RB pens is rather small and it is seems to slip out of my hands. The flaired end gives my thumb a comfortable place to grip the pen. Plus I am not a real fan of going bushing to bushing and I like the transition from a wider blank rolling down on to the bushing. I gives a small opportunity to show off some end grain.

Thanks for the comments BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom