First plexi finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

More lessons learned on this blank. I originally created it for a Jr, but second guessed myself and drilled it for a full size (Black TN Statesman) thinking I'd lose too much. I was right the first time, but I still like the look. The most trying part of this was the plexi finish. Applied it, screwed it up, sanded it off and reapplied. This too is a learning process, but I think I like it. The photo doesn't really show the sheen, but this thing is REALLY glassy.

2008413203829_statesmanBTrb_walnut_pickguard.jpg

As always, feel free to hammer away.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Looks nice, my friend. Optical illusion of proudness (or should it be called "pride") at the bottom - but I know your fit is always spot-on.

Cool looking blank!

Chris

doddman70

Looks Fabtastic!! pen and finish. i read a little talk about the plexi finish but have not read much as far as durability what do you think??

Gruntster

Very nice looking, Billy. Love to see this one in person, but I can definitely see improvement over the proof of concept pen.

i read a little talk about the plexi finish but have not read much as far as durability what do you think??
Chris (thewishman) has a plexi finished pen he has been carrying for over a year, and using it for customers to sign things daily.....you cannot see a single bit of wear on this pen.

JohnU

Outstanding! I like the "precission and obvious man hours involved" that show in your pens. Thanks for sharing! Also, nice to see a different finish. Ive been wanting to try this type.

VisExp

I'll bet that blank gave you a real appreciation for the time and craftsmanship Eagle puts into his :D The pen looks good Billy. What materials did you use?

alamocdc

Thanks, all!

Originally posted by VisExp

I'll bet that blank gave you a real appreciation for the time and craftsmanship Eagle puts into his :D The pen looks good Billy. What materials did you use?

Yep! This is a roller and I have a similar FP blank (different materials) on the lathe now. It's proving more of a pain, but you'll see why when I get it posted. I second guessed myself on it too, but it should look okay. Oh, on this one the wood is Walnut and the black, white, black is pick guard. I didn't mean to leave that out of the OP.[:I] The hardware is a Black TN Statesman.

Top Bottom