2 flags

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
This is not one of Ken's kits, made this one my self and had the star cut locally.

200841413316_TxPens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Armacielli

you read my mind, Rob. A slight alteration to the top and... BOOM- Ohio

If it were I doing the conversion, by "slight alteration" it would mean hours of work and countless mistakes

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by ed4copies

Nice job, Mannie!!!

(Probably would have saved money getting it from Ken:D:D:D)--- time value $2 per hour????)
Ed, it's a little different than the one Ken has, and it cost me a lot less that $35. Had a local engraver laser the star for me.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by woodchuckcuda

Those are nice.... any to think, I just thought you were a good place to buy glue!:D
See, I do really turn pens too....:D:D:D
Just don't post many pictures, my PHD camera doesn't always give a good pict.

lwalden

Very nice, elegant design- I like it a lot!!!:D[8D]:D
What materials did you end up going with- Looks like the upper is curly maple- did you dye it yourself, or is that a stabilezed/dyed blank from one of the regular suppliers? Looks like the lowers might be curly maple as well, with half dyed red? Finished product looks great. I'm betting you get requests for a lot more of these.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by lwalden

Very nice, elegant design- I like it a lot!!!:D[8D]:D
What materials did you end up going with- Looks like the upper is curly maple- did you dye it yourself, or is that a stabilezed/dyed blank from one of the regular suppliers? Looks like the lowers might be curly maple as well, with half dyed red? Finished product looks great. I'm betting you get requests for a lot more of these.
It's all curly maple from AS, white, and red and blue dyed.
I'm hoping they sell well. Won't really know until my fall shows. I have no shows planned for the next few months as I have some house repairs to make. Replacing the roof on the house and garage/shop and adding a 6' X 40' covered walkway from the house to my shop and an 8 foot covered area on the back of the shop for wood storage.

Armacielli

Originally posted by rjwolfe3

Pens look great:D I wonder if I could do that for Ohio...

I think I have the solution for the ohio conversion:D

drill out the star, fill with something white(Holly perhaps)
drill a slightly smaller hole through the white material and fill with the red material and BAM! Ohio:D

Top Bottom