First piece of furniture

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bear_Knuckle_Turner

This is my first piece of furniture. It's actually my first flatwork totally. It's a toy box for my son, made of Walnut and Curly Maple. The dots on the lid banding are Maple dowels. The inlay has his intials engraved into it. It's still not completely finished. It still needs one more coat of Arm-R-Seal. I just sat the lid on it for the pics. Thanks!

Attachments

• Toy box 1.jpg
    Toy box 1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Toy box 2.jpg
    Toy box 2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 123
  • Toy box 3.jpg
    Toy box 3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Toy box 4.jpg
    Toy box 4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nick

You have made a box that you can be truly proud of and your son will appreciate it and be so proud of his dad for making it for him. A great gift for your son.

I bet that isn't his shop. Maybe a school shop.

Nice chest.

You are correct. It's actually a shop at the military base I work on. It's there for Soldiers and Government Employees to use. It's sort of a school/DIY shop. Myself and a few other Firefighters volunteer our time there helping with turning classes and such, so they know we're not going to chop our hands off if they just let us do our own thing. I only have the tools for pen making in my shop currently.

Wild Turkey

Robert,

I had the honor of seeing these before you posted them.. I will repeat what I told you earlier, just great. Keep up the good work.. I think your son will cherish this box and probably hand it down to his son. That is what is great about things made the right way and with love. They last forever.

Top Bottom