First Pens Ever

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctfolmar

With everybody else in the family making pens, I figured I would get in on the action. So I started with polymer clay blanks since I have no experience with a lathe. All I had to do is sand them and put a shine on them. I am thrilled with how they turned out on my first try at finishing and assembling pens. These were all Christmas gifts so I spent an afternoon and did them all at once. Kathy made some beautiful blanks and they really turned out great. I can't wait to make more. Jason said this was addictive, he was so right.

Attachments

• 100_1710.jpg
    100_1710.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 415
  • 100_1711.jpg
    100_1711.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 327
  • 100_4587.jpg
    100_4587.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 100_4591.jpg
    100_4591.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 349
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russknan

Very nice start! Now, get those family members to tutor you on the lathe. Why should they keep the obsession to themselves? Russ

plantman

:RockOn: Very, very, very nice work. You have a good start and should go far in pen making. Polymer Clay is a good an low cost way to get into pen making. Enjoy!!! Jim S

flyitfast

Great job on the pens. I haven't tried the PC blanks yet, but you have convinced me that I should.
I like your variety of pens - good selection.of blanks.
Notice you live in San Antonio. - come join us at the Alamo Penturners meeting on the 2nd of Jan. at Woodcraft at 6:30pm. Bring some of your pens for us to enjoy.
Gordon

ctfolmar

I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words. It's great to know people I don't even know like them. I plan to stick with it and hopefully improve. Thanks again.

wildbill23c

Banned
How hard is it to turn acrylic blanks on a lathe? Any difference than making pens from wood in the insertion of the brass tubes, and tools required?

Lashaby

Todd's working like crazy, finishing pens sell this weekend. We have some new designs, too, in addition to the flowers and skulls and things we've already done. He does really nice work!

OZturner

Great group of Pen Gifts, Todd
Santa is proud of this Elf.
Nice selection of Blanks, Excellent Fit and Finish.
Don't wait till next Christmas to make some more.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom