Great start Barry.OK, I will send out address and directions to the folks I know about (on the original PM list). Anyone else who reads this thread and is interested, please send me a PM. I'd prefer not to "publish" my address.
Based on Mark's suggestion, let's go for:
I'm sure there are lots of other topics that we may of knowledge of/interest in among us. Is there any interest in tackling a topic for the first meeting?
- Bring (some of?) your fancy pens for show and tell
- Any wood to swap -- should we suggest a number of blanks we each bring to trade?
- Get to know one another -- I'll try to have some snacks, etc. Details tbd
- Find out who wants to be the leader of the band
- Talk about schedule for future meetings
- Discuss topics. Here are a few topic ideas I'll suggest (in no particular order)
- Finishing - favorite CA method or other finishes?
- Laminated blanks
- Casting, color mixing, etc.
- Use of the skew
- Tools and tricks
- Closed end designs and techniques
- Kitless techniques
- Fountain pens
I have lots of wood and can bring some to trade/give. Tried to use a skew and now use it as a door stop,I can make it do that. To learn how to sharpen and use it on wood would be helpful to me. Love to help but have no real interest in being the leader of the band. I can bring munchies. We could put put our heads together and work on coming up with the next great pen design.
Wow, I'd like to see us get a chapter started. However the state highway dept plans to close I-5 North for the day of April 24 from Olympia to Fife. This would make it almost impossible for people from the south to get to Seattle. With lane closures now, the backup exceeds 21 miles (at night). Other possibilities for meeting rooms are public libraries and city facilities. Fir Crest Center (Tacoma area) near Cheney Stadium has a nice facility.