First Duck Call

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hillbilly

Hillbilly

This is my first game call period. A friend at work said I should start making duck calls. He said if I make them, he would sell them. So this is my first one. I've been reading up and from what I can tell it could take as long to tune as it did to make the call. I believe I will leave that to my friend who's the duck hunter.

Attachments

• First Duck Call.jpg
    First Duck Call.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hillbilly

I cant wait ! Landon I am mailing yours in the morning. Saturday morning I was called out on a call and the post office closed at noon so I did'nt get yours in on Sat.
Its ready and it will be in the mail in the morning.

jleiwig

Yeah...let him tune them....at least if your married or living with a woman. I was not so nicely threatened that If I didn't stop quacking, that she would shove my duck call someplace where the only time it would quack was when I passed gas.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Y If I didn't stop quacking, that she would shove my duck call someplace where the only time it would quack was when I passed gas.

Oddly enough, I'd like to hear this. :tongue:

You know, it does present some unique marketing ideas. I know plenty of
people who will surreptitiously pass gas and blame it on 'barking spiders' or
on ducks.

Perhaps the calls could be modified to make this seem more realistic?
"The Stealth Quacker" ?

Hillbilly

I cut the tone board into the rounded end of the insert. I copied a "Primo Call" and took all the measurments from it. This is my first and last 3 piece my next one will have a seperate tone board and not one that i have to cut into the insert. They got to be easier.

Looks good , how did you cut the tone board ?

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
That's not a kit? You cut your own tone board.. that's pretty good!
From what I've been told, that's make or break for a call.

Hillbilly

The tone board is what the reed (.10 strip of mylar) lays on and is held in place with cork. The length of the reed determines the tone the longer the reed the deeper the tone and then its trimmed to adjust. This is by only what I've read I'm not a duck hunter. As-matter-a-fact after I made it... I blew in the wrong end of it. I did'nt know which end was which:embarrassed:. I just tried to make it just like the one he gave me. I still dont know how to use one.

Thanks for all the replys.

What do you mean by cut the tone board? I'm going to try one myself.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
The tone board is what the reed (.10 strip of mylar) lays on and is held in place with cork. The length of the reed determines the tone the longer the reed the deeper the tone and then its trimmed to adjust. This is by only what I've read I'm not a duck hunter. As-matter-a-fact after I made it... I blew in the wrong end of it. I did'nt know which end was which:embarrassed:. I just tried to make it just like the one he gave me. I still dont know how to use one.

Thanks for all the replys.
Now that is "GOOD STUFF"! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom