First Decal Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brettlyk

brettlyk

I'm not all that happy with this one as I don't think it pops. The ivory blank needs to be a tad whiter. But pretty stoked as it's my first truly customised pen.

Attachments

• DSCN0054.jpg
    DSCN0054.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN0055.jpg
    DSCN0055.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCN0056.jpg
    DSCN0056.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 293
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Good for you! Taking inspiration from Ossaguy, I have made 6 prototypes; turned scrap wood down and used Mog Podge as the glue. Then multiple layers of CA. I'm getting closer to what I consider good enough to mount into a kit.

Hopefully,by thanksgiving all my family members will have personalized "interest" Pens.

Keep posting, I will also.

I ordered/received clicker pens - Artisian series at PSI - they have a barrel lenght that is LONG, so you have more room for the stramps.

gbpens

Nice job! Sometimes subtle is just as effective as bold. It's a matter of personal taste. You have done well with some of the technical aspects of decals now you can experiment with contrast. See what you like.

glen r

Great first decal pen. I found that if I did a rattle can gloss spray lacquer on the decal first, let that dry for at least 4 hours and then proceed with the CA finish I did not get any bleed issues from the decal.

Top Bottom