Finishing EPR Shredded Money Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JBeck

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted since I didn't turn many pens during the winter. I have a question about finishing EPR money blanks. After turning do you finish with CA or just buff it out. I know during the turning process, you have to fill voids with thin CA, so I was wondering if a full CA finish would be the correct finish to protect the exposed paper at the surface. I'm planning on turning the pen tomorrow so any suggestions is appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

With my experience with the $blanks I do a full CA finish. If you don't you can sometimes feel the paper through the resin (atleast I could) and it feels lumpy. Anyhow, thats my 2cents worth. Best of luck when you do turn it!

warreng8170

It's funny, I just started another money pen tonight. The two that I have done to this point, I also have used a full CA finish.

After turning to the bushings, I do a good sanding job down to 800 grit. Then I give it couple of coats of thin CA to seal the paper fibers really well then do a normal medium CA finish.

Good Luck!

JBeck

Thanks for the reply's. I hope to turn either today or tomorrow and will try a CA finish. Thanks again.

Top Bottom