Finally done!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Woodnknots

I had been working on the inlay for this off and on for probably 4 years. The inlay was done probably a year and a half ago, and it sat around just waiting for me to get off my lazy butt and finish it. Well.... Here is is. Reeds are walnut, the dragonflies are purple heart, afzelia burl, and ebony. The cat tail is african mahogony. This thing was a labor of love at first, but then I just pulled it out every once in a while to put something new in it. The last thing I put in was the cat tail.

Attachments

• table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 232
  • table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 262
  • table3.jpg
    table3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 345
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oneptbuk

Very nice! I've been considering a similar project myself, and I anticipate the same length to completion as well....

That simple dragonfly design is a winner.

Woodnknots

Had an offer for it today. The guy wanted to bundle it with a walnut box I made. I wouldn't have had to comprimise much on price, but even a little bit on this is too much. He offered me $700 for both. I actually thought I was ready to sell it, but my heart started thumping at the thought of selling it. Maybe I'll be ready to sell it next week. Who knows?

hilltopper46

I love the inlay.

I know what you mean about selling it. My wife calls some of my creations my babies. I think the best way to get past the reluctance to sell that on is to make another one.

Woodnknots

Thanks for all the nice comments! I actually am considering another project along this line, and I don't think I want it to take me that long again. I am considering a large game theme, with turkey, deer and bear tracks walking across the table and some leaves strewn in for good measure. Thoughts?

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful design, well executed! You did a great job capturing the essence of the scene without going nuts with detail.

Top Bottom