Finally, a good day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Let me preface this by saying after 4 years working on and dealing with boats I think buying a boat is a fools errand. That being said our boat was inherited so since we have it we might as well use it before we sell it. Yeah hypocritical but I own a boat shop with all the tools, parts, and know how to fix it.

We finally got our boat out of limbo, I spent the week casually getting it ready. After 3 years, an oil change, gear lube change, pumping out the old gas and refilling, it started right up. A couple guys on the lot were betting it would not start. I like 4 stroke outboards.

We got out to the lake, around noon and got off around 6 this evening. We got dumped into the wake of large cabin cruiser, swamped the bow and my camera case. Cameras are fine. We were going a long and the motor quit. I mean no warning. After a few very panicked seconds I realized I bumped the kill switch out. We did not catch anything when we stopped to troll but this was a test the boat trip anyway. It was also my youngest's first boat trip. My oldest got to enjoy the boat with his grandfather but he hardly remembers. I needed a day like this.

Pics tomorrow. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Haynie

Here are a couple pics

Weather channel said it was 85 yesterday

Obviously I am the big guy in the Vote Kinky shirt

Attachments

• Mark and boat.jpg
    Mark and boat.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Mom and boat.jpg
    Mom and boat.jpg