Dust Collection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

My wife decided to buy me a dust collector for my Birthday...my question is, what or which would be good and of course reasonable (price) to use on a 10X18 wood lathe just for turning and finishing (CA) pen blanks and to swap to the Drill Press to drill pen blanks as needed?

All recommendations considered and appreciated.

Thanks,

ironman123 (Ray)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Thanks anyway to the ones that looked at this post. Iprobably shouldn't have asked anyway.

I have one on order. Everybody have a great day.:)

Ray

Padre

ray, this is the first time I've seen this post! You just posted it today. Holy Cow, many folks don't even look at the site on the weekends.

As for me, go as big as you think you will expand to. If you plan on getting any other large equipment (table saw, band saw, etc.) then go big. IF you don't plan, then you could always start with a wet/dry vac with a HEPA filter.

ironman123

Thanks Padre. Appreciate the reply. I have 2 metal lathes, a CNC Mill, Bandsaw, 2 Drill Presses, Small Belt sander plus the wood lathe and very, very little space to work.
I got one coming. It isn't big but I can move the hose from machine to machine. I kind of do that already with my shop vac. It is about 26 years old and needs a new switch.

Ray

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
This is the first time I've seen your post too.
I just bought Jet 1 HP for use with my Performax thickness sander. I also plan on moving it from one machine to another for now. If you do any sanding by hand you can also strap a few furnace filters to a box fan. This also works well for sanding on the lathe.

JamesB

I have the HF 2(?)HP dust collector. It does a good job. I know you have one on order already so it probably doesn't help anyways. But there you go.

Top Bottom