FBE Bench for a New Granddaughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lathemaster

Lathemaster

Awhile back I either bought or traded for a nice block of Flaming Box Elder (FBE). Wish I could find the original WoodBarter thread or something in PayPal but alas no luck. Two new things here. First, I have never made a bench or stool from FBE and second this is my first Shaker tape seat.

Attachments

• AssembledStoolPreWeave.jpg
    AssembledStoolPreWeave.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 2013-11-13 14.49.24-1.jpg
    2013-11-13 14.49.24-1.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 297
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fishinbo

Wow! Gorgeous bench! Like the stunning colors and grains of the box elder. The weaving is just marvelous. Looks like a very comfy bench. Great job!

JohnU

Wow! that looks great! Not to mention a family treasure to cherish for life times to come. I've never been a big fan of FBE but I think this just changed my mind. Its nice to see it on something larger where you can see and appreciate more of the character it has to offer, other than on a small pen barrel.

SDB777

I betting, if it was from WoodBarter....you got it from Kevin. He is like the FBE go to guy!!!

Great piece of timber! I'll have to go look up 'shaker tape seat', but a little learning never hurt anyone...

Scott (gonna learn sumtin' new) B

Boz

Very nice. I especially like the hand written inscription on the inside of the top rail. You know it is there and generations from now when someone replaces the seat they will find it. I am building a big boy bed for my grandson and I have a custom engraved plaque to attach to the headboard.

Lathemaster

FBE Bench

Very nice. I especially like the hand written inscription on the inside of the top rail. You know it is there and generations from now when someone replaces the seat they will find it. I am building a big boy bed for my grandson and I have a custom engraved plaque to attach to the headboard.

Thanks Boz

I have made several on order from grandparents and often include a note from them to the grandchild wrapped in plastic and hidden in the underside of the seat weave.

Mike

Top Bottom