FALL 2012 PITH PAIRINGS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

azamiryou

Tease for GoodTurns

A little bit behind, but my PITH pen for GoodTurns is finally ready. I should be able to catch up with Jon and get it to him this evening or, failing that, tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a little tease.

tease.jpg

MrPukaShell

PITH Pen from John aka "Rangertrek"

Finally got some time to snap a few pictures of what I received from the PITH. I was blown away when I opened my package. The wife almost snatched the pen right out of my hand when she got a look. I was tickled pink when she asked "What kind of wood is that". My reply was "it's not wood it is made from cast Pistachio nuts", the look was what made the moment perfect. I even got some goodies to go along with the pen. Thanks John for everything. The pen is going in my PITH stash.

Attachments

• Pistaschio pen.jpg
    Pistaschio pen.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Pistachio pen 2.jpg
    Pistachio pen 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Blanks.jpg
    Blanks.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 140

ldubia

PITH pen 2012

I had a craft fair this afternoon ending at 4PM. Afterwards I went to the post office and found a nice little box from Steve, my PITH partner. When I got it home, I ripped it open and found not only two pens, but a box full of goodies. I hope the pics do it some justice. My camera is the phone for the moment so I am not getting great camera shots.
Swap pen 2.jpgSwap pen 1.jpgSwap pen 3.jpgSwap pen 4.jpgSwap pen 5.jpgSwap pen 6.jpg

DurocShark

Mine ships today (or tomorrow, depending on how the dentist goes this morning :eek:)

Teaser: The pen is a gag, chosen because it was the least creepy option.

DurocShark

Well, I tried to ship KDM's box from work, but FedEx wants $100. :eek:

Tried to use the USPS site, but they want forms and such. I guess I'll have to actually get off my butt and go to a post office.

Sigh.

KDM

Apparently, after shipping it on nov 8th its now in a warehouse in Jacksonville.
Wow, Florida to Hawaii to Florida to Hawaii to Florida! It's well travelled!
Pretty cool how the PO tracking shows how efficient they are.

That's nothin' I once had a parcel delivered to the wrong person at the wrong address, and allegedly signed for BEFORE it even left the depot. Some kind of Quantum service.

LarryDNJR

I finally finished EBorraga's PITH pen. I sent a message letting him know I'll be mailing it out in the next few days hopefully.

Larry

3Peake

My PITH arrived today and I am gobsmacked. Jim you have made a beautiful pen and the blanks are great. Many, many thanks it's awesome. If you would like to post pics please do so as it will be a couple of days before I can get to my phototent.
Thanks again and hope yours arrives quickly for you.

TerryDowning

Failure! but I got it done

Yet another fail!! 2 days ago :crying:
attachment.php

But I did get the final product out in the mail today!!

Attachments

• 2012-12-04 18.34.49 (Custom).jpg
    2012-12-04 18.34.49 (Custom).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 292

underdog

You're quite welcome Martin! I'm so glad you like it.

When I look around at what other's are making for their partners, I'm just blown away.:eek: There are some extremely fine pens being exchanged. It motivates me to do the best I can...

DurocShark

My daughter making the PITH pen for her partner:

1st PITH Pen by DurocShark, on Flickr

Finally done and going out this week. :biggrin:

She had a lot of failures along the way. Excellent learning experience! But she did (almost) all of the work herself. I helped VERY little here. She even took the blank down to the bushings all on her own. :eek: (Yes, I was nervous...)

LarryDNJR

My daughter making the PITH pen for her partner:

1st PITH Pen by DurocShark, on Flickr

Finally done and going out this week. :biggrin:

She had a lot of failures along the way. Excellent learning experience! But she did (almost) all of the work herself. I helped VERY little here. She even took the blank down to the bushings all on her own. :eek: (Yes, I was nervous...)

That is awesome your Daughter is working on the lathe also. I can't wait to get my son into doing it. He'll be five soon. Might I suggest you tying her hair into a pony tail and tucking into the back of her shirt while standing near the lathe? :)

DurocShark

LOL, she also has no face shield. It's hanging on one of the gouges in the background.

She had to "primp" before letting me take her picture. :curse:

LarryDNJR

Received my PITH from Eborraga Monday and he received mine today. At his request I am posting pictures of both pens.

Segmented pen is mine to him.

Feather pen is his to me.

The pen he sent me is very nice! This is my first time seeing one of the feather pens up close. Looks good!

We also exchange a number of pen blanks as well. :)

Larry

Attachments

• EBorraga PITH 2012-1.jpg
    EBorraga PITH 2012-1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 133
  • EBorraga PITH 2012-2.jpg
    EBorraga PITH 2012-2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 115
  • EBorraga PITH 2012-3.jpg
    EBorraga PITH 2012-3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 104
  • LarryDNJR PITH 2012-1.jpg
    LarryDNJR PITH 2012-1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 124
  • LarryDNJR PITH 2012-2.jpg
    LarryDNJR PITH 2012-2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 103
  • LarryDNJR PITH 2012-3.jpg
    LarryDNJR PITH 2012-3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

jthompson1995

I shipped mine and my 4 boys pens on Monday. I received my pen from nava1uni today. Graham received his pen from Josh (buzzz's son) a couple weeks ago and Jason received his pen from EBorraga's niece on Monday. I've gotten messages that the other pens are on their way.

Brooks803

I recieved my pens from Landon and his son yesterday! It's been raining since then so I'll get some pics take ASAP (been taking them outdoors till I can make a new light tent).

DurocShark

My daughter Ashelle got her pen from Jason's nephew Dawson yesterday.

:eek::eek::eek:

A beautiful blue and white resin on a fancy slim with excellent shaping and a custom centerband. A box full of awesome blanks too!

I promise I'll get some pics this weekend, unless Jason got some before the pen was sent? (Hint hint hint)

Top Bottom