Executive Black and Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CWebster

CWebster

Black and gold executive pen, black with gold pearl alumilite resin blank.

Attachments

• IMG_0395_600P.jpg
    IMG_0395_600P.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

A very Nice Pen Charles.
Excellent Blank, Beautifully Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Great Choice of Hardware,
At the end of a Long Day, my eyes get tired, (Yes, I should wear my glasses) and I found the Background a distraction from your Pen.
I had to strain to bring your pen into clear Focus. That is more my problem than yours, but I think others may have had a similar experience.
As a suggestion a Plain piece of Cardboard, Coloured if you like can make an excellent background, and give your Pen it's rightful place as the Object of the Photograph.
I look forward to seeing your future Posts.
Great Work.
Congratulations,
Brian.

CWebster

I like that !!
Where did you get the blank, or did you make it ?[/QUOTE

I made the blank myself using Alumilite coating and casting resin. Added black to one mixture and Gold pearl to the other mixture. Then I poured them into the mold and I did not mix the resin around in the mold at any time. I just added a small amount of black resin, then added small amount gold pearl resin just a little at a time with black and then the gold pearl until the molds (I have a three blank mold I made) were full. Then I placed them in my pressure tank. I found out, you never know what you're going to get until you turn it, and I was very happy the way it turned out.

magpens

Thank you for those details ..... very helpful indeed !!

I can see that I am going to have to buy a pressure pot and learn to cast !!

I love the beautiful blank you made !!!

CWebster

A very Nice Pen Charles.
Excellent Blank, Beautifully Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Great Choice of Hardware,
At the end of a Long Day, my eyes get tired, (Yes, I should wear my glasses) and I found the Background a distraction from your Pen.
I had to strain to bring your pen into clear Focus. That is more my problem than yours, but I think others may have had a similar experience.
As a suggestion a Plain piece of Cardboard, Coloured if you like can make an excellent background, and give your Pen it's rightful place as the Object of the Photograph.
I look forward to seeing your future Posts.
Great Work.
Congratulations,
Brian.
Thank you very much for your suggestion on taking photos. You are absolutely right as I do struggle with taking photos. I too didn't really like the photo that much, but, I got a little frustrated with trying to get the right picture and posted it.

Gregory Hardy

Love the blank - pen is a great success. I also would like a plainer background in the photo. (I actually saved it to my desktop so I could zoom in - as one would normally crop a photo - and see more of the pen. That's when I realized that the blank was so lovely!)

For whatever it's worth, I focus more on my pens and less on my camera. That's my first project for the upcoming long weekend when my cousin the photographer comes to visit!

magpens

Wish I had a photographer-cousin to help me. Photos of pens are a much bigger challenge for me than turning the pen.

Great looking pen!

...I found out, you never know what you're going to get until you turn it, and I was very happy the way it turned out.

This is exactly why I like casting so much. You never know what you'll end up with, and it's especially nice when a blank you don't think much of turns out far better than expected.

Top Bottom