Engraving foreign languages with a NEJE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

I have a NEJE Master 2 7w engraver on order. Does anyone know if you can engrave foreign languages with the NEJE software? I made a pen for a friend, and I would like to engrave it in Russian. You can translate English to Russian in Google, then copy the Russian text and paste it into Word. Can it also be pasted into the NEJE software? Here is the Russian text:

С 60-летней Ольгой!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Not sure if the software will handle it per se, I have found that some software apps handle some languages well and some won't.

Jim, I used to blow a text up considerably - usually about 4 times a large as I wanted to print it, then save it as a jpg file (or other pict format). Then reduce the size by 75% but keeping the resolution the same. That way I was able to print text as a graphic in a very sharp image. Unless you are into graphics, that might not make sense. Sorry about that. But I had to learn to do that with Asian languages some years ago when the Asian language wouldn't work in English system apps.

bsshog40

I agree with Lee. You can usually find a website that can translate a sentence and then after you get the translation, just screen shot it, crop eveything else out and save it as a jpeg and then just drop that into your neje software. I'm almost sure that whatever you try will have to be a jpeg because the software doesn't translate.

Roly

If you make the text a jpeg you can then open it in inkscape and convert the text to vectors so it will print in the section of the software marked cnc in the NEJE software.

qquake

I thought you could convert text to a jpeg in Open Office, but apparently not. I should be able to in Photoshop at work. I have another Russian friend that can translate it for me. Google translated "Happy 60th Olga!" to "With A 60 Year Old Olga!", so I'm glad I had her check it.

hokie

If you don't have to use vector graphics, the easiest way to make a jpg or png in Windows is to use the "Snipping Tool"...
1600829248315.png

Paste your Russian text into a word processor like Word and pick your font of choice (make sure to make the font size pretty large for best resolution)...
1600829364949.png

Open the Snipping Tool and click "New"...
1600829505969.png

Drag a box around the text and a new window will open with the selected image. Click the save snip button and pick your format of choice!...
1600829613551.png

PS: When trying to translate English into other languages with automated tools, do your best to use as many contextual words behind the intent of the phrase as possible. "Happy 60th!" will not translate as well as "Happy 60th Birthday!" since the context is missing and Google has to guess what you really meant. (That being said, my Russian is rusty and I don't 100% stand by that phrase I used in my examples, but it does translate back to the original English)

Top Bottom