Ebony and Amboyna Over Under 12g

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

Wasn't a huge fan of this kit when I first Saw it on Pen State. Back at the Triangle Pen Show this year I saw one, and thought, well thats actually not bad at all. Came across the Over Under at Exotics, and scooped one up last week in Gun Metal and Rose gold. Note to all...the 9/16" bit that this calls for wasnt quite large enough for me. Perhaps its the macassar ebony, a softer wood may work as far as the 9/16" goes. Could not get the tube in there for nothing. Believe my brand new colt brad pt. measured smaller than the tube, cant recall by how much, but any is too much. Rolled up some sand paper and ran it through on the lathe. Also slid the bit back in and let the lathe just run with the bit all the way through. Eventually the tube fit, will try a softer wood next. Think the ebony just cut too exact of a whole. Anyway as stated, Macassar ebony cap, and amboyna lower barrel. This pen is super heavy...overall it weighs 70.7 grams, the cap alone weighs 31 grams. Also just shy of 6" with the cap on. Hope yall enjoy, and try it before you knock it - life lesson for the day.

Attachments

• Over Under 2.jpg
    Over Under 2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 272
  • Over Under 1.jpg
    Over Under 1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Over Under 3.jpg
    Over Under 3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 203

jmbaker79

Thanks For the Heads up! It is larger than I expected, and im sure the ebony doesnt help with the weight!

Top Bottom