Earring Stand and Ringholder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

I got started making Christmas presents today. Made a couple of ring holders and earring stands.

I learned how to do the ring holders during a hands on session with Nick Cook that my wood turning club organized this fall.

The earing stands I made using a jig to drill the holes that I got from CSUSA.

The spalted sweet gum I got from GaryMcg at a get together at his home earlier this year.

Thanks for looking.

1_ACT_689601.jpg

1_ACT_689701.jpg

1_ACT_689903.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nick

Keith,
Those are very nice looking stands. Have you tried making any wooden jewelry?
there are a couple of good books out on the process.

Darley

Keith this is awesome you done well, I did one in the middle on the year for my Daugther Birthday early next year and I did my own jig for 24 holes out of corian I took the design from the CSUSA catalogue, this was the easy part now have to find some one to do the Lady crochet hat :eek:

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• lady1.jpg
    lady1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 748
  • lady2.jpg
    lady2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 516
Keith,
nice work! I like the shapes. The ring holders are one of my best sellers at craft shows, they get the ladies to the table at a low starting price point, where I get to work on them to get a pen for the man in their life. I sell 15 +/- each show.

Daniel

Only problem I see with displaying ring holders at a craft show, is explaining to my wife why I want her wedding ring back.

VisExp

Thanks for the comments everyone.

not sure the practicality of a ring holder like that.

I thought that as well Jeff. I never take my wedding ring off. My wife though, thinks they are great. She takes her rings off in the morning and evening to wash her face, and loves having a place to put them.

Have you tried making any wooden jewelry?

Nick I haven't tried making any wooden jewelry yet. I've seen some designs for bracelets that I may try sometime.

Keith,
nice work! I like the shapes. The ring holders are one of my best sellers at craft shows, they get the ladies to the table at a low starting price point, where I get to work on them to get a pen for the man in their life. I sell 15 +/- each show.

Glen, thanks for the comments. I'm still working on the shapes. I'm not very happy with some of the finials. Still trying to find a shape and diameter that looks right. I'm glad to hear they are good sellers. I'm looking at adding to my product line on my site and offering some other products in addition to the pens.

arjudy

Those are great projects. I do like the ring holder. I just recently made a small bowl about 2" diameter out of leopard wood for my wife to put her rings in when she isn't wearing them.

BigRob777

Very cool idea. That gum is quite nice. I guess you could even turn the ring stands with a longer spindle-ring portion, with a saucer-like base. I should try that. My wife takes her engagement ring off at night and keeps her wedding ring on.
Rob

Top Bottom