Driftwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from smoky10

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoky10

There comes a time when my wife and I just have to get away no matter what the price of gas . Saturday was one of those times, so we headed to western Ky. While riding along we noticed a lot of wood in the corn fields, put there by the Ohio River. I stopped and picked up a small log. Here is a pen I made from a piece of it. The log had no bark and as you can see it is highly figured and slightly spalted. Can you tell me what kind of wood it might bee?

200532820059_River%20Baron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Tom.. that is the absolutely best kind of wood you could get... FREEWOOD... and figured FREEWOOD at that... you are a lucky man...
The way it has been raining around here since Friday, I don't think I need to drive to a place to find driftwood, it should be coming past my house by tomorrow... and I live on the high ground.. LOL..
Actually considering it came down the Ohio, it could be just about anything found along it's length.. without bark it makes it much harder to identify.. I would just call it Spalted Burl Ahfoundit... let the buyer go nuts looking it up... LOL

Daniel

I have now heard of this wood being called Freewood, Foundwood, and Freemascus. take your pick. I sort of like Freefoundmascus myself.
Seriously. I have actually seen pens listed on web sights as Foundwood.
but t6his ha to be one of the finer examples of that particualr species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom