Table leg pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Well that's all I could think of calling this post.I needed a new work table for my mini-lathe that is going to the show next weekend.The old one was piece of junk I bought at a auction in a pile of broken furniture.
It was covered with contact paper and many years of grim. Looked like it had been sitting in a kitchen. It was homemade-- Square nails--fours kinds of wood--very old. The legs are made of this. Just for the neck of it I cross cut the blanks to a 45 getting as much of the grain as possible.

2005328224053_stripes.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fleabit

Looks like some of that hard pine that old houses are made of. I got something similar that I pulled out of the attic of my recently bought 60 year old house. Hard as a rock, turns tough but has some awesome grain and color. Good looking pen too.

PenWorks

Nice pen and grain. Good supply of blanks.
Let me guess.....free shipping [:D]
Remind me not to let you near my furniture [:D]

Gary Max

No it's not Big Leaf Pine---that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I have turned it and know what that one is.
I think it is Old Growth Chestnut. What you are looking at is really a very tight straight grain that is angle cut. Part of this is because I believe it to be native to Kentucky. Some of the other woods in the table where poplar--cherry---hickory. Which work with my story.
Anthony I am just real busy this week--I will not be listing any for sale right now.---Of course if my friends need some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom