Disk Sander Recommendation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandking

Anyone have a benchtop disk/belt sander recommendation. I do other woodworking besides turning and would like a combination machine.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rduncan

I have a Delta SA180 (I think that's the number). $100 at Lowe's and I use it quite a bit. Haven't had a day of problems out of it. Moderate use for over three years now. Nothing fancy and there are times I'd like a bigger disk but so far, so good. Worth the $$ to me anyway.

Rick

rpasto92

rduncan...have you had any problems with the bolt that holds the disk onto the shaft? Mine comes loose all the time and I have used teflon tape to make the fit more snug. It helps but eventually it works itself loose still. I'm curious if the same thing happens to you and if so what have you done to correct it?

aggiengr

I have had good luck with the Ryobi from Home Depot. However, make sure you buy the extra warranty because my motor burned out after about 2 years. My only real issue with it is that it doesn't have a large enough plate area to help hold the wood flat while sanding.

rduncan

Originally posted by rpasto92
<br />rduncan...have you had any problems with the bolt that holds the disk onto the shaft? Mine comes loose all the time and I have used teflon tape to make the fit more snug. It helps but eventually it works itself loose still. I'm curious if the same thing happens to you and if so what have you done to correct it?
No, in fact when I was replacing the disk that was on for quite some time I actually had to remove it to soak the adhesive to loosen it. It took me some time to free the disk from the shaft. Perhaps you can see where the set screws hit the shaft and make a slight impression there for the set screw to bite a little better..

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom