Disassembling Perfume Applicator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtparso

Any tips. I got the cap apart easy. How do I disassemble the body? It is from BB and is a BHW-272 Ladies Perfume Applicator,Upgrade Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Ron: That might prove to be a bit of a challenge!! If I may ask, why do you need to disassemble the perfume pen(I assume)?? Are you trying to salvage the wood or the hardware or both??

Randy_

Well, Ron, I see you are getting a "LOT" of help on this problem. And after a hard night, I don't have a magic bullet for you, either. 2 ideas come to mind and I am not crazy about either of them. Easiest would be to drill a hole in a piece of hard wood that is a hair snug on the threads on the tip. Thread the pen tip into that hole till the shoulder of the tip "bottoms" on the wood. Then you can either continue to twist the body of the applicator and see if you can twist the barrel off of the tip or else just try to pull/wobble the tip out of the barrel. If it doesn't work the first time, try a slightly smaller hole.

Other thing you might try is to remove the fiber tip of the PP and run a small drill bit into the barrel to create a path to the end cap. I would do this by hand or perhaps with a cordless VS drill. Once a path is created, you can try to drive out the cap with a small transfer punch or whatever you can cobble up. This second method will, of course, destroy the fiber filler in the pen; but you can get a replacement kit from Bill for a buck.....the cheap kit.

Unless this particular blank is "VERY" special, I'm leaning toward blowing the project off as being more trouble than it is worth. Unless the thing is just miles below your normal standards(perhaps you looked at the thing too closely), I would just save it for one of those little obligatory gifts that is required of us every so often and move on to something more productive?? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.[:(][:(]

rtparso

Oh come on where is the fun in giving up. I drilled a hole in my pen clamp and grabbed the tip and carefully pulled and twisted the body off. The rest was easy. BWT the wood was a nice piece of BOW and I am cheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom