Desk Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

stevers

Hi All,
Messin round the shop and threw this together. Jocombima desk set. 24k gold slim with closed end. It's all wood. I turned the pen holder also. Kinda of an experiment for me. This is my first desk set. The base even has a crack in it on the front. No measurements, just cut and went. It kept me busy for a while.
Oh, CA/BLO on the pen and spray poly, semi gloss on the rest.
Thanks for looking.

2008330256_desk%20set%20a650.jpg

2008330314_desk%20set%20b650.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

I like it Steve!! My only thought is that the base may need to be a bit larger as it looks like it could be a bit tippy. That and are you left handed by chance? A righty would grab the pen naturaly facing the other direction.

LEAP

Lee,
your business card wants to face the person in front of you. You know who you are, hopefully, there have been days but you know, so the pen is perfect for a righty. Not only that but the weight of the pen leans towards the length of the stand compensating for the light weight. Looks like Steve put some thought into it and some of that might have even been conscious. Oh, by the way nice job Steve, I like it. Just could not resist messing with Lee.

stevers

Hah, so there Lee. Kidding. Phil is right though. In the middle of the desk, the pen faces just right.
Yes Keith, it's a slim alright. Second one I've done that to. It's a simple matter of switching the bushing on the closed end mandrel. The shaft on the mandrel is the same as a 7mm mandrel shaft. Any 7mm bushing will fit on it.
Thanks Steve, Steve and Arthur. It's just a first effort in this arena. Want to see how well it will do. Also didn't feel like waiting for the swiveling pen holder and buis card holders to come. [}:)]

Top Bottom