Delrin.jpg

I have a large quantity of Delrin/Acetal in 3/4 inch sticks for sale

$8.00 per foot plus shipping

Purple marbled
Blue
Pink
Red

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
what's acetale? How does it machine and polish?

Acetal is the common name for a family of thermoplastics with the chemical name POLYOXYMETHYLENE, or POM.
Acetal is available in 2 general types of resins:
  1. Copolymer acetal (POM-C)
  2. Homopolymer Acetal (POM-H), commonly called Delrin
Acetal mills better at thicker gauges. Center Line Porosity is a problem on thicker Delrin.

Delrin is more porous than Acetal.

An additional difference is the inherit problem of center-line porosity in the homo-polymer grades (Delrin). This is caused by out gassing during manufacturing, and can be found at the center or on the surface of all homo-polymer extrusions. This porosity can cause problems with machining or moisture permeation through the material. The co-polymer resin (Acetal) does not have this porosity issue.

I work for a plastics manufacturer so I guess I cheated on the answer.

Acetal is the common name for a family of thermoplastics with the chemical name POLYOXYMETHYLENE, or POM.
Acetal is available in 2 general types of resins:
  1. Copolymer acetal (POM-C)
  2. Homopolymer Acetal (POM-H), commonly called Delrin
Acetal mills better at thicker gauges. Center Line Porosity is a problem on thicker Delrin.

Delrin is more porous than Acetal.

An additional difference is the inherit problem of center-line porosity in the homo-polymer grades (Delrin). This is caused by out gassing during manufacturing, and can be found at the center or on the surface of all homo-polymer extrusions. This porosity can cause problems with machining or moisture permeation through the material. The co-polymer resin (Acetal) does not have this porosity issue.

I work for a plastics manufacturer so I guess I cheated on the answer.
Thanks for the answer! I need to learn more about all the different plastics out there.

Top Bottom