"Custom Made" penturning tools/accessories

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogcatcher

BeeAMaker

How hard would it be to make something like this, 1x8tpi to 1/2" shank. Or is thee something out there already? I didn't find anything but not sure what to search for.

1x8tpiTool.jpg

Last edited:

rherrell

Not that hard, I would price that like my Spindle Thread Adapters. Those are $40 but since this doesn't have any interior threading I guess $30 would be about right.

What is it for? If I knew that maybe there's something made commercially that would be cheaper for you.

PM me with your response.

Kurt_zurbie

off set lathe sanding jig

Hello,
I am interesting in buying one of your off set lathe sanding jigs. Could you please let me know what is the best way to go about this?

Thank you,

Kurt

Curly

rherrell

You will either have to make your own sleeves for different size tubes or I can make them for you. Most of my customers make their own using 7mm tubes and scrap wood, REAL easy to make.

If you look at my ad for the Sanding Mill 2.0 you'll see what I mean, if you scroll down you'll see my SANDING MILL SLEEVE SET.

EdM

Hello Rick !!!

I'd like to order;
1. Sanding Mill 2.0 + sleeve set.
2. Offset Lathe Sanding Jig
3. Tool rest post.
4. Tool rest

Please send me a PM listing each criteria you'll need me to provide.

Thank you!

Ed Moss

Mike6453

Rick, I'm trying to understand how the blank will press against the sandpaper. I've concocted two possible scenarios in my head; is either correct? Does the wooden blank fit snugly onto the transfer punch and you extend the quill from tailstock to press the blank against the sandpaper? Or does the blank spin on the transfer punch and you hand push the blank into the sandpaper?
Also, do you need a whole set of transfer punches or just need a rod the size of the brass tube?
Thanks!

rherrell

You spin the blank in your hand while holding a SLIGHT down pressure. I use a slight down pressure because the transfer punch is not an EXACT fit, close, but not exact.
Stick out the transfer punch the same length as your blank, you want it as short as possible to maintain rigidity.

You don't HAVE to use transfer punches, it's just what I used when I designed it. You can use anything that will fit your tube.

JordanP

Hey Rick, can I order the following:
1 took post and two additional rests
Tool post widths 3.25, 4, 6
.622 thick
4.75 tall

1 x Sanding jig 2.0

Then pin chucks for the following pens
Atrax
New series
Caballero
Sedona/baron
Triton

Caraway

Hello Rick,

I would like to order:
3 - 1" tool post
1 - 6" tool rest
1 - 4" tool rest
1- 7/8" flat top rest

My factory tool test is 5 1/4" Total height (post plus rest) and is 1" in Dia.

I would also like 3 of your DEDICATED DI holders

1st one is 1" in Dia and the distance from the TOP of my banjo to the CENTERLINE of the lathe is 2 5/16

2nd one is 1" in Dia and the distance from the TOP of my banjo to the CENTERLINE of the lathe is 3 13/16"

And the 3rd one is 5/8" in Dia and the distance from the TOP of my banjo to the CENTERLINE of the lathe is 2 17/32"

Please PM me a PayPal invoice and I will take care of it.

Thanks
Rex

Talltim

Rick,

In another thread we were discussing Cross Drilling jigs that would fit mini and midi lathes. JTtheclockman suggested he thought you had designed something to that effect. I looked at the thumbnail pics ant the end of your original post to this thread it looked like one might be there. Is this something you stock?

BeeAMaker

Just a shout out to Rick!
Got my "special Items" today - PERFECT! awesome job.
Thanks again.

Now I just need to find time to test these babies out lol.

GeorgeW

Hey Rick, I love my offset sanding jig so much I'm back for more. I would like to order the 17pc. SET of TUBE SLEEVES for the sanding mill (I already have the sanding mill). Thanks in advance!

gtriever

Hi Rick,

I need to order a couple of pin chucks - One for 3/8" tubes and one for 10mm tubes. Please PM with cost + shipping and your PayPal address. Thanks.

Karda

tool rest

Hi, Rick I would like a 9" rest with a 5/8ths post 4.5 high. Harbor Freight lathe.
I will pay by pay pal send me your address. Thanks Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom