CSUSA Group Buy in Nov?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpauly

Originally posted by RHossack

Having never participated in a group buy is there a minimum purchase?
I'd be interested.

Group buys with CSUSA are great. As long as the group as a whole purchases 100 or more kits (shipped to one location, the host), they are discounted 25%. The host then ships them out to the individuals. Usually there is a flat shipping rate to the individual (around $8 or so) plus insurance and any paypal fees. No minimum order, but if you order more than a couple of kits you wind up saving.

Check the original post for an update.

Michael

CrazyBear

Just a suggestion

Obviously the guys from the UK / Canada etc are going to get hit for increased shipping and import charges. If there is more than one member in any of the outlaying countries then they could elect one member from that country to accept all the kits for that country and distribute them out to the other local members. This would cut down on the international shipping costs as you would only have one package traveling internationaly. the members would split this cost and then pay that member for the local postal charges.

It also cuts down on the postage and work for whoever is running the buy as they send out one package to each country rather than perhaps half a dozen packages

arioux

Originally posted by CrazyBear

Just a suggestion

Obviously the guys from the UK / Canada etc are going to get hit for increased shipping and import charges. If there is more than one member in any of the outlaying countries then they could elect one member from that country to accept all the kits for that country and distribute them out to the other local members. This would cut down on the international shipping costs as you would only have one package traveling internationaly. the members would split this cost and then pay that member for the local postal charges.

It also cuts down on the postage and work for whoever is running the buy as they send out one package to each country rather than perhaps half a dozen packages

As strange at i may look, a 4 pound flat rate envelope will cost $9.00 from the States to Canada.

A 4 pounds parcel from Montreal to Winnipeg will cost $10.92, by the cheapest way.

That's how the Canadian postal services works[V]

Alfred

mikemac

Maybe if theres enough of us Canadians in 1 city? (I vote for Ottawa, ON, first! :D)

*There will be a savings of $5 HANDLING fee each, from Canada Customs, tho.[:0]

CrazyBear

Originally posted by mikemac

Maybe if theres enough of us Canadians in 1 city? (I vote for Ottawa, ON, first! :D)

*There will be a savings of $5 HANDLING fee each, from Canada Customs, tho.[:0]

You are lucky...UK Post office(not customs or Vat man , They would be extra) Charged me Ă‚ÂŁ11 or $22 for international handling on four small duragrit wheels for my dremel tool. They fitted in a box the size of a small paperback book

diamundgem

Yes, I'm all for a GB. I missed the last one and he was offering about 40% off. How did he do that? I want the high end pens. Imperial, lotis, Gent 11 Statesman etc.
Count me in for 2 to 3 hundred $$ worth.
I just found out about this GB stuff, and I think it's great

mpauly

Originally posted by diamundgem

Yes, I'm all for a GB. I missed the last one and he was offering about 40% off. How did he do that? I want the high end pens. Imperial, lotis, Gent 11 Statesman etc.
Count me in for 2 to 3 hundred $$ worth.
I just found out about this GB stuff, and I think it's great

Just got a heads up from another member that CSUSA supposedly had a one week 20% off sale with the 25% discount on top of that. Definitely was a sweet deal and sorry I missed that one. Unfortunately this one's only going to be the 25% if it happens.

I've got some more questions out to other members to try and be real organized about this. More to come soon...hopefully.

Michael

mpauly

Guys, I'm sorry to say that I'm not going to be able to organize this group buy. Time commitments have really kicked in (60+ hours a week at work, in the midst of a bathroom remodel, and other family commitments) so I don't think I'd be able to give this the time that I think its going to demand.

I'm really sorry if this got people's hopes up, but if someone else is willing to take over the reigns, there's definitely enough interest here to get a large order going.

Michael

Woodlvr

Todd,
There aren't any group buys on kits right now. A couple of different people did small quick group buys. Check the Individual Classifieds as there are a few people selling kits right now. Hope this helps.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom