CSUSA Group Buy in Nov?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpauly

I'm not sure if by posting this I'm volunteering to host a group buy or not, but I'm really just checking for interest in another CSUSA group buy probably sometime in early November. I've been super busy lately and missed checking on the October buys. My wife already has ideas for holiday gifts and I'm running low on supplies and looking to try some new kits. So I'm going to have to make an order regardless, just thought I'd try to see if we can continue to capitalize on the IAP buying power a get some additional discounts for all.

So if anyone else is interested in either participating or hosting, give a shout here. For those of you who've hosted before, have any tips or suggestions that may coax me into hosting this one (I remember someone saying they had an Access DB to keep track of everything)? What kind of time/effort commitment is usually associated with hosting?

Not sure if this is a good idea (I'm likely going to be super busy this month again), but lets see how it goes.

Michael
10/28 Update:
I'm still hoping to hear from a couple of other previous hosts. One is trying to resurrect an older Access Database for me to re-use. It's super nice of him and I'm giving him some time to see if he can do it without pestering him. The other guys haven't really responded to me yet. I've pulled together a list of all the pen kits, bushings and tubes with their latest prices and availability and am trying to put together something for myself if the other hosts don't work out. That's it for now.

10/24 Update:
I contacted CSUSA and got the lowdown on how everything works. Seems pretty straight forward. I'm hoping for some assistance from the other hosts that I've contacted to ease the pain in organizing this. Like I said, hopefully will give a go/no go this weekend.

For those of you who were interested in the Jr Gent Retro's in Rhodium, I confirmed the mid December delivery. If this GB works out, CSUSA would ship them separately to me when in stock and I'd ship to the individual (probably just need to include a few extra bucks for a second shipping charge).

10/23 Update:
OK so far there's over 25 people interested (I'll keep the list below up to date). I don't know how that translates in to actual participants, but I'd guess it's at least enough to get over the 100 kit mark and qualify for the 25% discount. I've emailed a couple of other group buy members to see how they handled their GB's (keeping track of it all, payment, ordering, shipping and international shipping). I noticed one GB seemed to have a 39% discount, not sure how that worked out. I'm going to contact CSUSA to see how they structure everything and I'll hopefully be able to give this a go/no go by the end of the week.

If anyone has any tips, please let me know ASAP. The time commitment is really going to be the deciding factor for me (like I said I'm busy) and if I can be organized about it, I'll do it.

10/22 Update:
List of interested parties
1 armyturner
2 Russianwolf
3 Rudy Vey (rhodium retros)
4 Darley (OZ if international shipping)
5 Johnathan
6 arioux
7 Rauland04
8 saltwein
9 ctwxlvr (if after 11/15)
10 rherrell
11 johncrane
12 elody21
13 ElMostro
14 Federman
15 wolftat
16 les-smith
17 mikemac (Canada)
18 fritz64
19 DRP460 (Canada)
<s>20 maxwell_smart007 (Canada)</s>
21 cowchaser
22 tnhickoryknot
23 jdmyers4
24 rstought
25 josef
26 PTJeff
27 louisbry
28 Towbar15 (UK)
29 DaveM
30 savannadan
31 RHossack
32 VisExp
33 Husky
34 JWW
35 johnkofi
36 gtanajewski
37 aussie_chick (Australia)
38 retired-sofa-spud
39 BruceK
40 CrazyBear (UK)
41 hehndc
42 sbrant (retro's)
43 mg_dreyer
44 diamundgem
45 DavePowers
46 EddieO
47 Goldsbed
48 mewell
49 cutterwoodjoe
50 OKLAHOMAN
51 JimBobTucson
52 jssmith3
53 Tuba707
54 Marc Phillips
55 babyblues
56 csb333
56 roddesigner

mpauly

Darley, I can look into international shipping, but I honestly don't know where to start. Any suggestions on carriers and approximate costs?

Rudy, I'll likely need to order before early December, but if this works out, I'll check about the projected retro rhodium availability.

Michael

mpauly

OK, so far there seems to be some interest. I'll keep a running list here in the original post and then try to sort out the particulars of hosting one of these. Any previous group buy hosters have any tips, insights or tools to aid the process?

Michael

cowchaser

Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

Looks like a few of us Canucks are in! I'm probably in ...that is, I'm in as long as the boss doesn't pull the plug on it! :D
That's why you write and mail the check before you tell her. If you use paypal. It's just to late for her.

I'm in more than likely. The wife said it was ok. :D

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by mpauly

Darley, I can look into international shipping, but I honestly don't know where to start. Any suggestions on carriers and approximate costs?

Rudy, I'll likely need to order before early December, but if this works out, I'll check about the projected retro rhodium availability.

Michael

Don't worry, I am also in for some Statesman, Gents and Emperor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom