Crush grinder-see Johnathan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Please move entries directly to Johnathan's thread- I would delete this one, if I knew HOW. Per Randy's LOGICAL request.

Since Johnathan said I should help any way I could, I printed CSUSA's instructions on the crush grinder.

The printed dimensions seem to be impossible. But, then, I have never seen the mechanism.

The "Through hole" is listed at 11/16"-this seems too small
The hole in the top is listed at 15/16", but is shown SMALLER than the above through hole. I believe it SHOULD be smaller, but 15/16 is GREATER than 11/16 (yes, I was a math major, since you asked!!)

The bottom recesses are shown as 1 3/4 at the bottom and 1 9/16 for the mechanism-both of which seem feasible.

Although, I would leave 1/2 - 3/4 inch of depth at the bottom, not the 1" shown, but again, I have NEVER SEEN this mechanism.

Has anyone made one, if so, what is WRONG with this picture!!!???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Johnathan

Tell me about it! I keep looking at the mechanism and plans and can't put the two together in my head. I also only work with pens so the whole pepper mill is a completely new thing to me. I know the "Crush" mech. is one of the best so that's what I went with. Woodcraft's plans for the same mechanism is different than CSUSA, I would love to see a photo guide to building this pepper mill.

Randy_

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />.....The "Through hole" is listed at 11/16"-this seems too small. The hole in the top is listed at 15/16", but is shown SMALLER than the above through hole. I believe it SHOULD be smaller, but 15/16 is GREATER than 11/16.....

Ed: IIRC, that 11/16" dim. is actually supposed to be 1-1/16". I think it is just a peculiarity of the way they printed the numbers and if you look closely, you can see that they were trying for something else......but I agree it is "VERY" confusing. I don't remember what the deal is with the other dimension.....I will have to check my instruction sheet and let you know what is correct. I had already posted in Johnathan's thread about mistakes in the instructions.....looks like CSUSA has not corrected them yet. I sent them an email when I discovered the problem......guess they didn't get it???(not the first time that has happened!!)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Randy,

THANK_YOU!!!!

I think you are absolutely correct-in fact, I have some mechs that have used a 1-1/16 hole (I remember trying to locate a forstner bit-THAT'S FUN).

IF that is correct, the rest of the measurements actually make sense!

Randy_

For the sake of continuity, seems to me that these posts should be with the original thread?? I am going to repost them in Johnathan's original thread. Then maybe you could delete this thtread, Ed, to avoid confusion. For anyone else who might be tempted to post here please post on the other thread which I will link to in a minute. Thanks.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom