Crossword Puzzles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Hey Guys, how about a group assignment?

Landon, who is already chairing more contests then any sane person would want, won't be able to squeeze time into his schedule to create clues and answers for crossword puzzles is year.

Curtis, correct me if I am wrong.

Curtis can easily create an on-line, interactive crossword puzzle grid that conforms to clues and answers that are provided to the program that creates the puzzle. In other words. All Curtis needs to create puzzles are clues and answers. They do not have to be formatted in the form of a puzzle.

Assuming that I got it right I am going to provide clues and answers for at least one puzzle, if not more. If any of you have any spare time please do the same. The crossword puzzles do not have to start right when the Bash does. They are nice to throw into the mix throughout the 1st - 3rd week before all the polls and voting starts.

One question Curtis, what is a good number of clues to provide to you?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Hey Guys, how about a group assignment?

Landon, who is already chairing more contests then any sane person would want, won't be able to squeeze time into his schedule to create clues and answers for crossword puzzles is year.

Curtis, correct me if I am wrong.

Curtis can easily create an on-line, interactive crossword puzzle grid that conforms to clues and answers that are provided to the program that creates the puzzle. In other words. All Curtis needs to create puzzles are clues and answers. They do not have to be formatted in the form of a puzzle.

Assuming that I got it right I am going to provide clues and answers for at least one puzzle, if not more. If any of you have any spare time please do the same. The crossword puzzles do not have to start right when the Bash does. They are nice to throw into the mix throughout the 1st - 3rd week before all the polls and voting starts.

One question Curtis, what is a good number of clues to provide to you?
That would be great, I just have not had the time to invest in it. As to how many per puzzle, I would say 30ish

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
ABSOLUTELY OF COURSE I will have you, Dawn!!!!

The more the clues the better. I will have to check the software that I am using and see what is best. If I recall from previous years, if you provide the clues and answers in a certain format, I can easily import them into the software. I will look at that this evening and post guidelines as well.

One crossword that was very popular in the past was one of IAP usernames. I put it together using information from random profiles of folks who were active IAP members. I can do it again or someone else can.

Another one that might be good is one of suppliers or products. Not necessarily just IAP vendors. Such as Clue: Super Duper Sanding Answer: Micromesh

There are also other games that could be played that I think I could create such as hidden word puzzles, jigsaw puzzles with pictures from IAP front page photos or random pen pics. On the jigsaw puzzle, the winner would be the first to name the maker of the pen. That way they would have to complete the puzzle, then search through the front page images to find the creator. There are a number of other puzzles that could be done I think. This may be a good way for folks that don't have time to create items for the contest to still participate in a fun way. If prizes are a problem, I would be happy to donated gift certificates for the winners and run the contests. I would still want help with creating the word puzzles though.

Thoughts? I will put some together tonight and post them on the entry form site for you guys to check out and see if they are worth doing.

Top Bottom